Reading time 5 Minutes
Alfa Romeo Giulia and Alfa Romeo Stelvio are entering the 2021 model year with even more efficient engines and new equipment. The sporty sedan and SUV of the Italian brand offer both customers who are looking for sportiness and those who prefer comfort and elegance the right model version. The engines of both models now meet the particularly strict Euro 6D Final emissions standard. The Alfa Romeo Stelvio Veloce Ti is new, perfectly combining sporty style and exclusive details. In addition, 21-inch alloy wheels are now also available for the Alfa Romeo Stelvio and Stelvio Quadrifoglio.
The new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Veloce Ti
The term Veloce (fast) stands in the nomenclature of Italian automobiles for more powerful models. And the abbreviation Ti as an abbreviation for the name Turismo Internazionale has always been used in Italian to characterize emphatically sporty vehicles that also offer a high level of comfort for long journeys. The new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti meets all of these requirements. The new equipment variant represents the technical and mechanical excellence of the model. The new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Veloce Ti is particularly well equipped as standard and also features innovative technology.
redesigned underrun protection
The exterior design of the Stelvio Veloce Ti can be recognized by a newly designed underride guard with a diffuser look, exterior details painted in the vehicle color, such as the rear bumpers, the side skirts and wheel arches, as well as the darkened rear window panes. Dark tones can also be found on the window frames and the Stelvio, Q4 and Veloce Ti logos. The interior of the new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Veloce Ti features numerous details from the top model Quadrifoglio. These include, for example, the seats with covers in a combination of leather and Alcantara, the black headliner and inlays made of real carbon fiber.
280 PS or 210 PS
On the engine side, the new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Veloce Ti is available with a 2,0-liter turbo gasoline engine with 208 kW (280 hp) and a 2,2-liter turbo diesel with 154 kW (210 hp). Both four-cylinder units are combined with an eight-speed automatic transmission and Q4 all-wheel drive. The large aluminum shift paddles on the steering column for manual commands to the automatic transmission are also standard. As with all model versions of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio, the cardan shaft is made of carbon fiber.
Autonomous driving level 2
Alfa Romeo Giulia and Alfa Romeo Stelvio offer a wide range of electronic driver assistance systems (ADAS) that provide relief without reducing driving pleasure. The result is autonomous driving at level 2. By definition, this level is reached when the vehicle takes over control of the accelerator pedal, brakes and steering under certain conditions. This is done using electronic systems which, although they require constant monitoring by the driver, support him and thus offer greater comfort on long journeys. The driver still has to be alert and keep his hands on the steering wheel.
The main electronic driver assistance systems from Alfa Romeo Giulia and Alfa Romeo Stelvio:
- Lane departure warning: Detects whether the vehicle appears to change lane without activating the indicator and warns the driver optically and by vibrating the steering wheel. The lane departure warning system also intervenes actively to keep the vehicle in the lane.
- Active Blind Spot Assist: Monitors the areas behind the vehicle that are not visible in the exterior mirrors, the so-called blind spots, to detect approaching vehicles. If necessary, the steering intervenes to correct it in order to avoid a collision or to mitigate its consequences.
- Active cruise control: Extended cruise control system. Automatically regulates the speed of the vehicle so that a safe distance from the vehicle in front is maintained. In cooperation with the traffic sign recognition, the regulation of the set speed depending on possible speed limits ensures an even more relaxed journey. The system uses the on-board camera, recognizes traffic signs, shows them on the central display and informs the driver of the currently permitted maximum speed. In addition, the driver is recommended to adapt the cruise control to the speed limit recognized by the system. If the driver agrees, the cruise control is automatically set accordingly.
- Traffic jam assistant and motorway assistant: As a supplement to Active Cruise Control, these systems also monitor the transverse steering. They keep the vehicle in heavy traffic (traffic jam assistant) or on the motorway (motorway assistant) in the middle of the lane and regulate the speed based on the current speed limit.
- Fatigue Assistant: Warns the driver if drowsiness is detected and recommends taking a break depending on the situation.
Photos: Alfa Romeo
Of course, that wasn't the end of it. Our tuning magazine has tens of thousands more tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. Or are you particularly interested in everything to do with the Alfa Romeo brand? Then the following excerpt is sure to be just the thing.
2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio with equipment line Veloce Ti
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is something new for this post and of course also to all other contributions.