What is your car worth? free determine!
The guys around the team of Divers Street Rods from Lynwood somewhere near Seattle have published a completely crazy and at the same time optically absolutely successful project that we have to show you. For the tuning a VW bus T2 (Bulli) as built from 1967 to 1979 was the base vehicle. But neither the 1,6 liter engine with its 47PS to 1970 was installed nor the then built 2,0 liter four-cylinder with 70PS handed the guys out. Something much fatter had to come and so much the choice on a 2006er Subaru Impreza engine with good 400PS the metallic green painted bus neat legs. After the tuning cure the T2 was allowed to endure, he is now much more exciting, individual and of course ten times more dynamic than the production version there and should be largely unique. Anyone who in the future the idea is to buy a VW Bus T2 or already has one and in addition lives in the US for the Divers Street Rods is certainly an interesting starting point when it comes to lift the car from the production model. As for the changes made to the optics or technology so we have already been able to get the first details. What we know we have listed as usual below in a summary. If you discovered any other changes we did not list so just use the comment box and let us know!
(Photo / s: engineswapdepot)
These are the details of the VW Bus T2:
- Donor vehicle: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
- 400 PS Turbo EJ257 engine
- Subaru interior
- Four-speed automatic transmission
- Wilwood brakes
- Front suspension of Art Morrison Mustang II clip
- metallic green paint all around
- unknown black alloy wheels (multi-spoke optics)
- matt black accents all around (headlights, radiator grille, bumpers, outside mirrors, etc.)
- Wheel arches machined all around
- darkened windows all around
- possibly a performance increase - (chip tuning, tuning box, compressor or turbo conversion, NOS etc. - info is pending)
- possibly a sports exhaust system (info is still pending)
Of course, new information and certainly new pictures and videos will be coming online soon. As soon as this is the case, we will of course put them online and inform you about them.
"The Tuning and Styling Blog" - with the topic of car tuning and car styling we keep you up to date with our tuning magazine and present you every day the latest tuned cars from all over the world.
Note: Please understand that not all tuning details should be optimally translated. Partly we get the information about the vehicles in various national languages and have our dear need to conjure something understandable. We're always grateful for corrections, so do not be afraid to share them.