After the RS7 and the RS6 now comes one more with the new hammer V8 from Ingolstadt. Curtain up for the mighty RS Q8 2020! The top model of the 4M Q8 series now also convinces with 800 NM torque at 2.200 up to 4.500 revolutions and here too the 4,0-liter V8 provides for a performance of 600 PS. The turbo-charged gasoline direct injection is now installed in the third vehicle of the RS series. And the RS Q8 should also be the biggest chunk of them all. The big SUV coupe is upgraded to 3,8 km / h in just 100 seconds, and at 200 km / h, it only takes 13,7 seconds from a standstill. The RS Q8 is then closed at 250 km / h. But there is also the dynamic package optional here, where the maximum speed of maximum 305 km / h is reached. And who is the competition? In the field of 600 PS SUV's the RS Q8 is the Porsche Cayenne Coupe and the BMW X6 M (F96) vorknöpfen.
48 Volt main on-board network
But the V8 biturbo of the Q8 should not only be strong, but also efficient. The integrated hybrid hybrid system is also based on the 48 Volt main on-board network. The MHEV core is the belt starter generator and it is directly connected to the crankshaft. During braking and deceleration, up to 12 KW power is recuperated and fed into the lithium-ion battery of the Q8. If the driver accelerates between 55 and 160 km / h, two options can be selected depending on the setting and driving situation. The Audi recuperates or the model sailing for up to forty seconds with the engine off. And start-stop mode is activated with MHEV technology from as little as 22 km / h. And the mild hybrid system was even networked with camera sensors for even greater efficiency. When the brake is depressed, the engine starts even if the front camera detects that the vehicle is in front of it. According to Audi, the interaction should ensure that consumption is reduced by up to 0,8 liters in everyday use. And the COD system is an efficiency component, because several cylinders are deactivated at low to medium speed and load. Nevertheless, we estimate that under 20 liters with “normal driving style” will hardly be possible.
Important information about the Audi RS Q8
The RS Q8 has an eight-speed automatic as standard and the power is transferred to the permanent quattro all-wheel drive. The driving forces are distributed to the front and rear axle in the ratio 40: 60. With slip, more drive torque is delivered to the axle, which has the better traction. The handling is additionally improved by the wheel-selective torque control. The dynamic driving of the quattro sports differential shifts the drive torques between the rear wheels depending on the demand. On board is standard air suspension and is allowed in the damper tuning the quite generous spread between very sporty driving and a particularly comfort-emphasized interpretation. With the optional Dynamics Package Plus, there is also an RS suspension, which is designed for maximum sportiness.
Ceramic brake system in kingsize format
And in Q8, of course, there is also an acidic RSCeramic Brake SystemThere is the quattro sports differential and an electromechanical active Roll stabilization. The driver can influence the character via the driving dynamics system and 8 profiles are available for selection. By default, 22 inchforged wheels with a tire width of 295/40 at the front and optionally there are even 23-inch rims ex works. The RS brake system mentioned is provided with internally ventilated composite brake discs on the RS Q8, which of course have a befitting format. Incidentally, in the course of the first quarter of 2020, the RS Q8 will be available to dealers “from” 127.000 euros. If we receive more information in a timely manner, there is of course an update for this report. You will be informed about this if you simply use our Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
All important information about the 2020 Audi RS Q8:
- Fair premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show
- 600 PS and 800 Nm torque between 2.200 and 4.500 revolutions
- 4,0-liter V8 (turbocharged gasoline direct injection)
- 3,8 seconds from zero to 100 km / h, 13,7 seconds from 0 to 200 km / h, electronically limited at 250 km / h, with dynamic package plus top speed 305 km / h
- twin-pipe RS exhaust system (the sound of the engine can be adjusted using the “Audi drive select” system) - optional RS sports exhaust system with black tailpipe trims
- Mild Hybrid System (MHEV) with 48 Volt Main Onboard and Belt Starter Generator
- recuperates or coasts for up to 40 seconds with the engine switched off (MHEV technology enables start-stop operation from 22 km / h, mild hybrid system networked with camera sensors - consumption in everyday operation up to 0,8 liters per 100 kilometers lower
- cylinder on demand (COD) system (deactivates cylinders 2, 3, 5 and 8 at low speed in upper gears)
- Eight-speed automatic
- permanent four-wheel drive quattro
- mechanical center differential (constructed as a planetary gear) - distributes the power in a 40:60 ratio between the front and rear axles
- Standard air suspension "adaptive air suspension sport" with regulated damping (trim position of the body varies by up to 90 millimeters)
- optional electromechanical roll stabilization (EAWS) available
- RS-fender flares in body color (front per side + 10 millimeters, rear + 5 millimeters)
- RS roof spoiler
- RS-specific rear apron with diffuser clasp
- Exterior mirror housing in black or optional in body color, aluminum, carbon
- Optic packages in aluminum and carbon (accents on radiator grille, blades, diffuser clip, tail light tape, etc.)
- Headlamps with LED technology (optional darkened RS-Matrix LED headlights)
- RS displays in the Audi virtual cockpit and MMI display
- RS sports seats (two RS design packages)
- optional "dynamic package plus" (electronically governed top speed 305 km / h) suspension designed for maximum sportiness (including quattro sport differential and RS ceramic brake system)
- All-wheel steering
- 22-inch aluminum wheels in 10-spoke star design (295/40 tires) - optionally 23-inch rims
- RS brake system (ventilated composite brake discs in the dimensions 420 millimeter front, 370 millimeter rear), 10 piston calipers in black (optional in red), RS ceramic brake in gray, red or blue (discs 440 millimeters in front and 370 millimeters in back)
Of course that had not been the case. Our tuning magazine has tens of thousands more tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. Or are you particularly interested in the RS department of Audi? Then the following excerpt is for sure just the right thing.
600 PS & 800 NM - the new Audi RS Q8 (4M) 2020 is here!
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and we present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is something new for this post and of course also to all other contributions.