The guys from the BMW blog posted a video of the only BMW E31 M8 prototype last weekend, which of course we can't withhold from you. It shows the vehicle in the Thermal Club in Palm Springs. We are sure that this vehicle would have overshadowed everything that had come before in the early 90s. Currently, the performance of the V70 - 6,1 liter naturally aspirated engine - V12 with 550 PS & 550 NM is given, but other sources speak of a maximum of 600 PS & 600 NM. Unfortunately, like the 8 Series Convertible as a competitor to the Mercedes-Benz SL, this vehicle was never produced due to the high costs. The top model was the 850csi with a 5,6 liter S70B56-V12 and 380 hp and 550 Nm.
- 1990 prototype
- other sources speak of three vehicles
- 2010 first shown to the public
- maximum 441 kW (600 PS)
- 6-liter V12 engine based on the S70 (similar to that of the supercar McLaren F1)
- no folding headlamps (dipped and main beam integrated in the bumper)
- Individual throttle system
- Main opponent Mercedes-Benz SL
- Vehicle is technically based on the 1989 introduced 850i E31
- carries details of the 5 E34 convertible
- Name: BMW 850Ci
2021 - the BMW M8 concept car is restored and ready for the road
You want to watch more videos? Then click here for the complete overview or just click in the following posts. In each one you will find at least one video. Surely this is exactly the right topic for you.
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.