Reading time 5 Minutes
After the tuners Manhart Performance and the team of Dähler Design & Technik GmbH The guys from G-Power have already helped the new Z4 of the G29 model generation to over 400 hp. As is well known, BMW has not been able to bring itself to confirm a "Z4 M" or a "Z4 M Coupé (J29)" and so the team from Peutenhausen / OT Osterham takes it into their own hands. G-Power gives the Z4 based on the M40i an increase in performance to a maximum of 500 PS & 700 NM. This means that the G-Power Z4 M40i should have even more power than a Z4 M would bring with it ex works. In view of the serial output of 340 PS (250 kW) and a torque of 500 Nm, the jump is of course huge and it requires more than just a simple chip tuning.
BMW Z4 G29 from tuner G-Power
The upgrade is the last expansion stage available from 4 and includes extensive changes to the exhaust system and the stock charging system. There are new downpipes, modified turbochargers with increased capacity and an in-house intercooler with greater cooling capacity due to double water volume is used. This is ensured by an optimized engine software (Chiptuning) for the perfect interaction of all new components and also for the fact that the speedometer needle of the G-POWER BMW Z4 M40i moves well above the 300 km / h mark if desired. The other power levels increase the power by 40 PS & 30 Nm (Stage1), 70 PS & 80 Nm (Stage2) and to a maximum of 450 PS (331 kW) & 640 Nm (Stage3). And there is also a clear visual difference to the series.
Forged wheels in the format 20 inches all around
The reason for this is the in-house 20 inch G-POWER HURRICANE RR forged wheel set with slippers in the format 255 / 30 R20 in front and 275 / 30 R20 in the back. The presentation vehicle is also equipped with the G-Power Badges instead of the BMW symbols and a matt black lettering of the tuner at the rear must not be missing. Underneath the hood, you can install an engine cover in the G-Power orange and round off the roadster impressively. PS. G-Power already has performance enhancements for the SDRIVE 20I from 230 to 260 PS ready and the SDRIVE 30I brings you to 310 or maximum 340 PS. Of course, if we get even more data or possibly even information about a body kit from G-Power for the Z4, there will of course be an update for this report. It is best to subscribe to our feed and if there is something new you will get in touch immediately. We wish you a lot of fun watching the pictures.
Here are the details of the BMW Z4 G29:
- Based on the M40i with standard 340 PS (250 kW) and a torque of 500 Nm, there are 4 performance levels
- Stage 1 -> classic chip tuning variant performance software V1 around 40 PS and 30 Nm
- Stage 2 -> V1 S variant of the performance software to 410 PS (301 kW) / 580 Nm (+70 PS and 80 Nm)
- Stage 3 -> flow-optimized downpipes including sports catalytic converters, matched performance software variant "2" to 450 PS (331 kW) / 640 Nm
- Stage 4 -> modified turbocharger, intercooler with greater cooling capacity, flow-optimized downpipes including sports catalysts to 500 PS (368 KW) / 700 Nm
- Top speed depending on level far above 300 km / h (G-POWER Vmax increase)
- G-POWER forged wheel set (20 inch G-POWER HURRICANE RR, with tires in the dimensions 255 / 30 R20 at the front axle and 275 / 30 R20 at the rear axle, G-POWER double-spoke design, ultralight aircraft aluminum, dimension 9.0 x 20 inch)
- also for the other models:
- PERFORMANCE SOFTWARE V1 - Z4 SDRIVE 20I G29 - 230 PS
- PERFORMANCE SOFTWARE V1 S - Z4 SDRIVE 20I G29 - 260 PS
- PERFORMANCE SOFTWARE V1 - Z4 SDRIVE 30I G29 - 310 PS
- PERFORMANCE SOFTWARE V1 S - Z4 SDRIVE 30I G29 - 340 PS
- G-Power badges front and back
- Engine cover in orange
- matt black lettering at the rear
We still have many thousands more tuning reports on tuningblog.eu, if you wanted to see an excerpt then just click HERE, And also from the tuner G-POWER we have a lot more cars, following a small excerpt:
500 PS in the new BMW Z4 from tuner G-Power
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.