Reading time 5 Minutes
You can turn it around as you like, the Mercedes Benz S65 AMG Coupé of the C217 series (based on W222) belongs to a species that is dying out. The 630 HP steam hammer from Stuttgart is not "yet" alone in this segment because there is one too BMW M760Li xDrive with V12 engine and also Audi uses the A8 D5 70 (6.0) TFSI again on the power of 12 pots. But we are pretty sure that with the successor of the G11 BMW 7er and the next generation of the Audi A8, an engine with 12 cylinders will no longer be available. All the more we enjoy on vehicles like this Mercedes S65 AMG Coupe that we on the side of the tuner RACE! SOUTH AFRICA have discovered.
The goal of the conversion were subtle modifications and what would be more in question than a carbon body kit from the house Brabus? That's exactly what you ordered and missed the S65 front a BRABUS bumper with additional BRABUS front spoiler and there were also changes at the rear. Here RACE! a carbon rear diffuser and a discreet spoiler lip for the tailgate. Of course, all components are kept in the classifying carbon and are particularly visible due to the white finish of the vehicle.
The diffuser also includes a flap-controlled BRABUS high-performance exhaust system with active sound management (adjustable at the push of a button on the steering wheel) and ceramic coated Designendrohren with two outlets the M 279 E 60 AL - V12 petrol engine Gives expression. The visual appearance is rounded off with Brabus monoblock aluminum wheels (about 22 inches), which are convincing with BiColor optics. On the other hand, we have no information regarding any increase in performance or changes in the interior. But like us Brabus Rocket 900 Mercedes S65 convertible has already impressively shown, 662 kW / 900 PS & 1.500 Nm torque are quite feasible with extensive changes.
And also optional precious wood inlays (eg with open-pore surfaces) or different accents in the form of aluminum components (Shift paddles, pedals, door pins) to the complete leather interior are available from Brabus for the big coupe. If we get more information about this there is of course an update for this report. You will be informed if yours is just ours Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
(Photos: RACE! South Africa)
These are the changes to the Mercedes S65 Coupe:
- BRABUS Body Kit (
- flap-controlled BRABUS high-performance exhaust system (active sound management at the push of a button on the steering wheel, ceramic-coated designer tailpipes with two outlets each, coated in satin black)
- BRABUS bumper with additional BRABUS front spoiler
- BRABUS visible carbon diffuser with tailor-made cutouts for the tailpipes
- BRABUS rear spoiler
- BRABUS monobloc wheels in 21 or 22 inches
This can be done optionally:
- 662 kW / 900 PS 5.500 rpm & 1.500 Nm torque at 4.200 tours (electronically limited to 1.200 Nm)
- over 350 km / h V / max
- individual luxurious interior on request
- Engine capacity expansion from 6,0 to 6,3 liters
- forged pistons
- BRABUS special crankshaft with longer stroke
- balanced special rods
- BRABUS turbocharger with larger compressor unit and turbine
- modified exhaust manifold
- Downpipes 80 mm
- metal catalysts
- BRABUS intake module 900 (air duct in the bonnet from the radiator grille, two special air filter housings with enlarged intake cross-section, special filter, pressure pipes with gold heat reflection coating)
- special maps for injection and ignition
- adapted seven-speed automatic
- BRABUS RACE aluminum shift paddles on the steering wheel
- High performance differential with 40 percent locking effect
- 0 - 100 km / h in 3,9 seconds
- 0 - 200 km / h in under 10 seconds
- BRABUS speedometer 400 km / h
- Carbon attachments for the side air outlets on the rear apron
- Carbon cover for the exterior mirrors
- BRABUS Monoblock wheels in 21 or 22 inches (BRABUS Monoblock PLATINUM EDITION 21 inch forged wheels in various designs, Monoblock F cross-spoke wheels in 9Jx21 front and 10.5Jx21 rear, BRABUS Monoblock G Platinum Edition in 9Jx22 with 255/30 ZR 22 tires in front and 10Jx22 with 295 / 25 ZR 22 rear tires)
- Tires Continental, Pirelli and YOKOHAMA high performance tires
- BRABUS lowering module -15 millimeters
- optional precious wood inlays (e.g. with open-pored surfaces)
- Aluminum components shift paddles, pedals and door pins
- Door sills with illuminated BRABUS 900 logo
- Ambiente interior lighting in different colors
Of course that had not been the case. Our tuning magazine has tens of thousands more tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. Or are you interested in the tuner RACE! South Africa? Then the following excerpt determines exactly the right one or?
BRABUS S65 Coupe by RACE
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day.
It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.