There's news again about the team from Retro style. Because the lads and gals have breathed new life into a beautiful 5 Chevrolet K1984 Blazer by slightly tweaking the design and adding a host of modern features. So it's a classic Restomod! However, before the Retro Designs team got their hands on the K5 Blazer, it served as a military vehicle in the United States Air Force and was used by several fire departments. But the years of service are now over. And that meant that the classic was given a completely different drive train. Retro Designs installed a 6,2-liter, 3-hp, naturally aspirated LS8 V436 in the Blazer and mated the powerplant to a 4L65E four-speed automatic transmission paired with the original Advance Adapters transfer case.
Chevrolet K5 blazer
In addition, the classic got a chassis that works with Bilstein dampers and a "hyperboosted" brake system with discs all around to ensure that it decelerates as well as it accelerates. But not only the technology was upgraded. As already mentioned, there were also a few changes to the body of the Blazer. He was namely, among other things, after the complete Food Recoated with a new PPG Army Green livery, in homage to one of the original colors offered at the time. The new paintwork is combined with various accessories from the tuning segment, including bronze-colored beadlock alloy wheels Off-road tires (All terrain tires, BF Goodrich, 33×12,5 R18), black aprons in front and behind, one black Rammschutz and massive tow hooks front and back belong. And then there is the new cabin. Retro Designs has spent a long time restoring and upgrading interiors.
also the cabin has changed
Since then it has been complete with a new one Autoteppich designed to match that of the original vehicle, and there were premium Relicate leather seats. Also a touchscreen infotainment system and a LED interior lighting is now installed. In addition, a Roll cage for more protection and countless small details such as the new instruments, the partially leather-covered steering wheel or the lockable center console successfully round off the one-off. By the way: Retro Designs recently sold the special 5 Chevrolet K1984 Blazer for $190.000. If we get more information about the changes, there is of course an update for this report. You will be informed about this if you simply use our Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
summarized, details on the Chevrolet K5 Blazer from Retro Designs:
- Base vehicle: Chevrolet K5 Blazer - Year of production: 1984
- Engine: 6,2-liter LS3 V8 petrol engine (approx. 436 hp)
- Custom sports exhaust system
- Transmission: Four-speed automatic transmission (4L65E) + Advance Adapters transfer case
- Suspension: Bilstein dampers
- Body: Clear glass headlights, dark taillights, Army Green paintwork, various attachments in black (bumpers including towing eyes, model emblems on the fenders, exterior mirrors, door handles, hard top, bull catcher protection bar, radiator grille, etc.)
- Interior: New interior with leather and checkered fabric pattern, new carpet, LED interior lighting, relicate seats, roll bar, touchscreen information, Becker speakers
- Wheel/Tires: Fuel Ammo D702 rims (9×18 inches), BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A tires (33×12.50R18)
- Brake system: Disc brake system all around
Of course, that wasn't the end of it. Our tuning magazine has tens of thousands of other tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. Or are you especially interested in our Tuning classics Title? Then the following excerpt is tuned Young and oldtimers definitely the right place to browse.
other related posts
1969 Volvo Amazon Shooting Brake with 800 hp on the wheel!
SPORTEC CLASSIC presents Restomod Porsche 964 "FERDINAND"!
Widebody VW T1 Duo by Kenny Pfitzer Desings (KPD) for SEMA 2022!
1993 BMW 525i (E34) with Airride suspension and more!