Some time ago, ECD Automotive Design announced a completely electrically powered Land Rover Defender. And now there seems to be a first ready-to-drive vehicle and at the same time the information that a first customer vehicle is to leave the hallowed halls in England, the Midlands, about 60 kilometers from the famous Lode Lane factory, this year. And this should be a particularly important pillar for ECD in the future. Because it is definitely not going to be easier for vintage cars to be legally moved in the next few years due to the poor emission standards. H-plates no matter what. ECD Automotive Design (ECD) also knows that electromobility is on the advance.
ECD & ECC Defender "E-Lander"
And the one earlier than East Coast Defender well-known tuner has now even entered into a permanent cooperation with specifically for the electric powered vehicles Electric Classic Cars (ECC) go. The guys are specialists in the field of E-conversions with Tesla components and at the beginning there should be the ECD and ECC E-Lander as 450 PS version. That's enough to accelerate the classic to 5 kilometers per hour in less than 100 seconds and if that's not enough, you can soon order a variant with 600 hp. Then the acceleration time should be reduced to less than 4 seconds, which corresponds to the level of a thoroughbred athlete. For the time being, the E-Lander is apparently only planned as an automatic variant and, as far as we know, there is no longer a classic reduction. The Tesla drive and the complete Defender are designed for the greatest possible user-friendliness and receive exciting other functions.
including downhill assistant
For example, the Defender should bring a downhill assistant, full traction control, a full ABS system including regenerative braking system and an electric parking brake. ECD says it can hardly be expected: "To bring out the electric Defender as an environmentally friendly version of a legendary vehicle and to continue its legacy with zero emissions.“ECD builds around 60 individual Defenders every year and soon the majority of them will be electric in the future. The rest of the vehicle is built in the well-known manner. In other words, each copy receives a complete restoration and can be manufactured individually according to customer requirements in terms of body, rims, paintwork and interior. If we receive more information about the E-Lander in a timely manner, there is of course an update for this report. You will be informed of this if you simply use ours Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
Photos: ECD Automotive Design
2020 Land Rover Defender D90 "E-Lander":
- Name "E-Lander"
- currently still a one-off
- complete paintwork in yellow with black accents in matt black
- Wheels: steel rims in body color
- Tesla Motors drive unit with 450 PS or 600 PS
- automatic transmission
- BF Goodrich All-Terrain T / A K02 tires
- KBX tops for the fenders
- massive SVX running boards in matt black
- Mesh grille in black with lightning bolt emblem (as a reference to the electric drive)
- new suspension with new dampers and suspension
- new brake system (regenerative brake system / big brake kit)
- LED headlights in black including LED turn signals
- new bonnet with powerdome
- Metal front bumper with additional LED lights
- new metal bumper at the rear (pipe design)
- Sports seats (heated and ventilated)
- Bench in the rear area
- new roof lining with Alcantara cover
- new carpet in the vehicle
- handmade leather interior
- classic round instruments with new dials
- ECD center console with aluminum cup holders
- Sport steering wheel with leather cover
- USB, wireless charging pads for mobile devices and cup holders for passengers in the front and middle rows, new seat belts
- WiFi in the vehicle
- Radio - Alpine infotainment system with tweeters and a subwoofer + rear view camera, power amplifier JL Audio Sound System, Apple Car Play
- new interior trim
Of course that had not been the case. Our tuning magazine has tens of thousands more tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. Or are you particularly interested in the tuner ECD Automotive Design? Then the following excerpt is for sure just the right thing.
ECD & ECC Defender "E-Lander" with 600 HP Tesla drive!
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and we present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is something new for this post and of course also to all other contributions.