Now he is finally official. The Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 is after some teasers and an unwanted leak now officially presented. Pretty late considering that the Mustang's sixth generation has been on the market since 2014. No matter! The top model GT500 has started on Monday, 2019 North American International Auto Show (Mon., Jan. 14, 2019 - Sun., Jan. 27, 2019) used to present themselves to the general public. And the exact output of the 5,2-liter supercharged V8 is no secret. The engine delivers a full 770 PS & 847 NM torque! It is officially the strongest street-legal Mustang that has ever existed.
⚠ 2 x virtually pimped by us ⚠
The performance enhancement of the handcrafted V8 reaches Shelby through 2,65-liter Roots compressor, optimized intake and cooling, chip tuning and other minor hardware changes. The power is coupled to the well-known Tremec seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, which is able to change gears in under 100 milliseconds. Small gimmicks such as a drag-and-run mode, a mode for bad weather and one for sports do not miss the classic manual transmission. If you activate the launch control, the GT500 sprints to 3,5 km / h in about 100 seconds and will probably complete the quarter mile with an average 10 seconds.
fat sound is guaranteed
Of course, everything is underpinned by a huge soundscape. The GT500 comes with an exhaust system including a flap function that can be opened or closed at any time by pressing a button. The chassis is based on a new chassis geometry, there are coil springs for lowering and adaptive “MagneRide” shock absorbers. Precise directing around the corner enables electronic power steering and contact with the road is provided by 11,5 × 20 inch carbon rims (belong to the optional "Carbon Fiber Track" package with adjustable strut bearings, spoiler with Gurney flap, GT4 carbon wing, front splitter) with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. If you order the GT500 without the optional Carbon Package, it will be available on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires and 20 inch alloy wheels.
Brembo brake system in king size format
And a look through the spokes of the rims also reveals a new brake system. There are big 420 millimeter discs with Brembo six-piston callipers in smart red. Incidentally, isolated components of the brake system have been created in the 3D printer. And of course, the body has changed significantly. Compared to the GT350 the grille is divided into two and with a large Shelby emblem. And the aprons are more aggressive and wider. There is a bonnet with removable louvred grille and at the rear, the apron shows with a sporty diffuser. And also the interior is completely trimmed to sport. Shelby installs Recaro sport seats, a new Alcantara-covered steering wheel and an 12-inch display replaces the analogue instruments.
Everything digital in the interior
Small details such as the GT500 badge in front of the passenger seat, the somewhat unsuitable gear selector knob or the Bang & Olufsen sound system round off the cabin in a contemporary way. Finally, there is still bad news: officially becomes the Shelby GT500 are not offered in Germany. Here, the detour through an importer must be like Geiger Cars to be entitled to. If we receive more information in a timely manner, there is of course as always an update for this report. It is best to subscribe to our feed and if there is something new you will get in touch immediately. We wish you a lot of fun watching the pictures.
Here are the details of the Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500:
- Power: 770 PS & 847 NM
- 5,2 liter supercharger V8 (2,65 liter Roots compressor installed in the V engine)
- Carbon propeller shaft
- Compared to the GT350, the GT500 comes with wider aprons, Shelby emblem in a two-part radiator grille, air inlet on the hood with removable louvred grille, various aerodynamic components all around, rear spoiler, diffuser made of new composite materials)
- 20 alloy wheels or optional carbon fiber
- Interior with Recaro seats, new steering wheel with Alcantara cover and Shelby logo, 12-inch display, dashboard with carbon structure, door panels made of suede with accent stitching, round gear selector, GT500 badge in front of the passenger seat, eight-inch central display with touch function, Bang & Olufsen sound system with twelve speakers)
- a manual gearshift may still be offered (currently only with dual clutch transmission with seven stages and modes for bad weather, sport, drag-and-track mode, launch control)
- Flaps Exhaust System
- Quarter mile in less than eleven seconds, 0-100km / h in about 3,5 seconds
- Brembo brake system (components of the brake in the 3D printer, 420-millimeter discs, six-piston calipers)
- Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, Pilot Sport Cup 2 (depending on the rim and package)
- new electronic power steering
- Revised chassis geometry with new coil springs and adaptive "MagneRide" shock absorbers
- optional handling package (adjustable suspension strut bearing, spoiler with Gurney flap) or the carbon fiber track package (with GT4 carbon wing, splitter, without back seat)
We still have many thousands more tuning reports on tuningblog.eu, if you wanted to see an excerpt then just click HERE, And we also have plenty of other vehicles from Shelby American, following a small excerpt:
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.