Hard to believe, but the team from Classic Recreations from Yukon, Oklahoma has the first worldwide Shelby GT500CR with full carbon body set up as a production car. And he also has crazy ones by the way from 810 HP. Yes, one after the other! Why, why, why and above all, how expensive? Let's start with the worst! At least 298.000 US Dollars must be planned if he is to stand there like this Vehicle. You could also choose FOUR (!!!) Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Treat model year 2019. And as is well known, this is not necessarily a standard Mustang. However, it no longer has the legendary body shape from the 60s and 70s. The GT500CR does! And it has a shell that completely made of carbon consists. And the technology from the present, without ifs or buts.
Full carbon Shelby GT500CR
The Shelby GT500CR full carbon body was created by Classic Recreations announced in May 2020 and can now be seen on a first completed vehicle. The result shows the classic Rod styleit is so "slightly“But has never existed. The pony car is made with the most modern production techniques 272 kilograms lighter than Classic Recreation's standard Shelby GT500CR. And that had already built in a lot of carbon. The Carbon Edition was developed in collaboration with SpeedKore Performance Group developed and started with one 1967 GT500CR made of steel. It was completely scanned using the CAD process, designed and then constructed from carbon. Specifically: The original car was 3D scanned and the data was merged with a three-dimensional CAD model. From this negative molds were made into which carbon mats were inserted by hand. The molded components are cured in an autoclave under vacuum and heat and thus achieve a high level of rigidity. The end result is an "exactly matching replication" thanks to perfectly aligned components and a flawless body. The body parts manufactured in our own autoclave have a exposed carbon fiber fabricwhich is complemented by candy red lacquered strips. But other colors are also available on request.
three-piece 18 inch Forgeline rims
The photo vehicle stands on three-part 18 inch forgeline rims, With the BFGoodrich Rival S tires in the format 275/35/18 and 335/30/18. There is one behind the new wheel set 6-piston Wilwood sports brake system with 14 inch (approx. 36 cm) large perforated discs at the front and 4-piston brake calipers with 13 inch (approx. 33 cm) large and also perforated discs at the rear. The braking force distribution is even by means of Adjustable valve. The brake can be adjusted and adapted between the front and rear axles. Under the ultra-light Full carbon bonnet but of course the heart of the Shelby GT500CR sits. Classic Recreations built one 5,2 liter Coyote V8 from Ford (Gen 3) with a 2,9 liter Whipple compressor. In combination with many changes specially adapted to the engine, the eight-cylinder generates enormous from 810 HP and a torque of 813 Newton meters. The force is coupled to one 10-speed automatic transmission from Ford (with rocker switches) and thus correspond to the Sprint values and also the top speed at least those of the current one GT500.
Unfortunately there are no pictures of the interior of the current vehicle. But other copies of the tuner always had an individual one Alcantara headliner, Sports seats with Five-point belts and Leather upholstery, Shelby instruments with a 200 mile speedometer Kicker audio system with Kenwood infotainment and one Roll cage with it. Certainly it is something like that with this vehicle as well. At the end... The limited Shelby GT500CR Carbon Edition should be worth twice as easily in a few years and is an absolute dream on wheels. If we get more information about the changes, there is of course an update for this report. You will be informed of this if you simply use ours Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
Photos: Classic Recreations
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500CR Carbon Edition:
- Motor with 810 PS / 813 Nm:
- 5,2 liter Aluminator Gen 3 Coyote V8 petrol engine
- 2,9 liter Whipple compressor system
- Be Cool crossflow cooler
- 2 x 13 inch (approx. 33 cm) electric fans
- 2 x Vaporworx fuel pumps
- 132 mm throttle body
- Vintage Air-Pulley System
- MSD ignition system
- Rick's Tanks - 68 liters
- Stainless Works Long Tube Elbow 2,5 inches (6,35 cm)
- MagnaFlow stainless steel rear silencer
- 10-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles (Ford 10R80)
- Landing gear:
- Detroit Speed-Aluframe front axle construction
- 9-inch Fab 9 rear axle including a four-link suspension
- JRI coilover struts
- Stabilizers front / rear
- Wheel / tire:
- three-piece Forgeline alloy wheels (format 10 × 18/12 × 18 inches)
- BFGoodrich g-Force Rival tires (275/35 ZR18 / 335/30 ZR18)
- Brake system:
- Wilwood with VA 6-piston calipers including perforated and slotted 355 mm discs
- Wilwood HA 4-piston calipers including perforated and slotted 330 mm discs
- adjustable brake force distributor
- completely made of carbon (SpeedKore)
- Bonnet with quick-release fasteners
- Clear glass headlights
- Tail lights with sequential indicators
- Carroll Shelby Le Mans Racing fuel filler cap
- Racing trim
- Lateral lettering in BASF color Candyrot
- Inner space:
- Carroll Shelby GT500CR floor mats
- Sports seats with ProCar leather covers
- Red fittings in the Carroll Shelby design
- Classic Instruments speedometer up to 200 mph
- Aluminum sports steering wheel with leather-covered rim
- Camlock 5-point seat belts
- Alcantara headlining
- Old Air Products air conditioning
- - Stillwater Designs custom subwoofers
- Kicker 5-channel amplifier
- Kenwood double DIN head unit including navigation
- Kicker speakers
Of course, that wasn't the end of it. Our tuning magazine has tens of thousands more tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. Or are you particularly interested in the tuner Classic Recreations? Then the following excerpt is sure to be just the thing.
Full carbon Shelby GT500CR Ford Mustang with 810 PS!
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is something new for this post and of course also to all other contributions.