And again the guys from ECD Automotive Design a completely rebuilt Land Rover Defender of the type 110 put on its feet. This time too, of course, with a complete restoration of the body, with a discreet cabin, a thick V8 and a special feature of the chassis. For the first time, ECD has given the off-roader a fully adjustable air suspension. With regard to driving comfort, ECD speaks of noticeable advantages over the standard chassis. And like every conversion by ECD, this vehicle was given its own project name. The Defender was created as "PROJECT KATAMA" and impresses with a two-tone finish.
Land Rover Defender LS3 V8
The lower part of the body is wrapped in "Indus Silver" and the upper part, as well as various attachments, in a shiny "Santorini black". It stands on 18-inch Sawtooth alloy rims in black that are fitted with BF Goodrich All-Terrain T / A tires. And this time too, the body is protected by a complete roll bar with additional LED lights at the front and rear. Other changes to the body are Air-con bumpers front and rear, new LED headlights in black, a powerful WARN cable winch, steps, fender flares all around or the swiveling spare wheel carrier at the rear.
LS3 V8 engine with 6 automatic transmission
And, of course, a LS3 V8 engine with 6 automatic transmission and plenty of steam was installed as well as the aforementioned air suspension. It's a purpose built air suspension with Bilstein shocks and new front and rear stabilizers that impressively show the difference to the traditional ECD suspension for the Defender in the video below. And as already mentioned, this time the cabin has completely changed. There are four heated and ventilated Recaro single leather upholstered seats and two seats in the cargo area.
Headliner with a suede upholstery
Again, the leather upholstery features Black Diamond stitching and a suede roof lining. Further details in the new interior include a steering wheel from Startech, an Alpine infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and a JL audio system coupled with speakers, new tweeters and a subwoofer. The center console has also been developed on its own and brings now also for the passengers behind an air conditioning.
even Wi-Fi is now available in the Defender
And lots of innumerable small details such as a USB port, a wireless charging pad for mobile devices, an LED ambient lighting or the integrated WLAN module again testify to the high standards of the tuner. If we receive timely information on other changes not mentioned before, there is of course as always an update for this report. It is best to subscribe to our feed and if there is something new you will get in touch immediately. We wish you a lot of fun watching the pictures.
Here are the details of the Land Rover Defender LS3 V8:
- Name "Project Katama"
- Single copy
- 18 inch ECD alloy wheels in glossy black
- BF Goodrich A / T tires
- tinted windows
- Fender widening all around
- ECD air suspension with Bilstein dampers, stabilizers front and rear
- new brake system (performance big brake kit)
- LED headlight in black including headlight protection
- Heritage Edition Anniversary grille
- new bonnet with powerdome
- Air-con bumper with LED auxiliary lights front included WARN Platinum winch (Low-mount Air-Con Winch)
- complete roll bar with 4 LED auxiliary lights at the front and 2 at the rear
- Ladder at the stern
- new bumper at the rear (front with LED additional lights)
- full spare wheel on the loading area (swiveling)
- four black Recaro sports seats (heated and ventilated)
- Headliner with suede cover
- black carpet
- Loading area with additional seats (leather-covered)
- classic round instruments with retro dials in black
- Additional instruments (AutoCross gray series)
- 3 spokes sport steering wheel with leather cover (Startech)
- LS3 6.2L V8 from the Chevrolet Corvette
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- Sport exhaust system (possibly Borla)
- full varnish in Indus Silver (Silver) and Santorini Black (Black)
- Center console - ECD Custom 2 + 2 console with rear air conditioning, USB, wireless charging pads for mobile devices and cup holders for passengers in the front and center rows
- WiFi in the vehicle
- Ambient lighting in the rear cargo area
- 3-button garage door opener
- Radio - Alpine infotainment system with tweeters and a subwoofer + rear view camera, power amplifier JL Audio Sound System, Apple Car Play
We still have many thousands more tuning reports on tuningblog.eu, if you wanted to see an excerpt then just click HERE, And also from the tuner ECD Automotive Design we have a lot more cars, following a small excerpt:
"Project Katama" Land Rover Defender LS3 V8
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.