Hard to believe but that Upper-class battleship Mercedes-Benz C216 (Base W221 S-Class) is already 13 years old and since five No longer produced. Over 5 m long and just as luxurious as the identical S-Class there was no competition for the CL in this class for years. But now BMW has decided with the revived 8er series to penetrate the segment of the luxury class coupes. Let's see ... The last named CL to date (since then S Coupe) is also in the tuning scene no blank slate. And also the team of M&D Exclusive Cardesign has already adopted a CL. More precisely, this project was completed in April 2017 - NO MATTER! A CL with almost full equipment and various design options in black you have to see.
only the connoisseur will notice the difference to the AMG
The absolute highlight of the CL 500 is the conversion to the AMG optics. It was more accurate Prior Design Black Edition V4 body kit which consists of Black Edition bonnet, front apron including spoiler lip, side skirts, rear spoiler and a rear apron with diffuser. The rear apron also features two rectangular exhaust tailpipes in the style of the current AMG models, which are connected to a custom sports exhaust system including a front silencer replacement tube. The V8 is thus finally a befitting soundscape possible. And obviously, there was also a new wheelset.
artFORM AF-301 double spokes
Painted in black, M&D installed a set of artFORM AF-301 double-spoke aluminum rims in 9 × 21 and 11 × 21 inches and obtained them with Falken tires in king-size format 255/30 R21 and 295/25 R21. A look through the spokes shows a little bit of color on the CL because M&D has given the brake calipers an individual red paint job. So that the new wheel set sits consistently and precisely in the wheel arch, an electronic lowering of the ABC air suspension was also provided, thus rounding off the Stuttgart car impressively. If we receive information on further changes to the CL that have not been mentioned so far, there is of course an update for this report. It is best to subscribe to our feed and if there is something new you will be informed immediately. We hope you enjoy looking at the pictures.
(Photos: M&D Exclusive Cardesign)
These are the details about the CL500:
- Prior Design Black Edition V4 body kit (hood, front apron including spoiler lip, side skirts, rear spoiler, rear skirt with diffuser)
- alloy wheels in 9 × 21 ″ & 11 × 21 ″ inches (type artFORM AF-301 with 255/30/21 + 295/25/21 Falken FK-452 tires)
- individual brake calipers (blasted & painted) in red
- special purpose stainless steel sports exhaust system with front silencer replacement pipes (+ AMG63 tailpipes)
- TV-free module
- intensive paint preparation + interior cleaning and leather care
- Lowering (standard air suspension by means of Adaptation of the electronics or changed coupling rods)
- possibly a performance increase - (chip tuning, tuning box, compressor or turbo conversion, NOS etc. - more information is not available)
We still have many thousands more tuning reports on tuningblog.eu, if you wanted to see an excerpt then just click HERE. And we also have other vehicles from the tuner M&D Exclusive Cardesign, the following is a small excerpt:
M&D Exclusive Cardesign Mercedes-Benz C216 CL 500
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.