Reading time 3 Minutes
With the Mercedes GLE velvet PDG800X widebody kit Prior Design has already presented a very fat and extremely rebuilt Widebody SUV for the current Essen Motorshow, impressively showing what the already extremely beefy GLE is capable of. But from the house Mercedes Prior Design has not only refined the GLE but also took the big S-Class coupe of the type C217 to the chest and missed this widebody kit all around. While Carlsson with the "Diospyros" Mercedes S Convertible A217 with the open version, also in Essen, shows how discreet tuning goes on the big convertible Prior Design unpacks the steam hammer and refines the identically constructed coupe much wider. As with the GLE, the Body Kit consists of a new front bumper, wide side sills, front fender covers with large gills at the front, and new rear wheel arches that significantly widen the rear. At the rear, PD still has a fixed rear spoiler whose optics are slightly similar to the one from Luethen Motorsport remembers.
Widebody kit & Alu's by Prior Design
The PD4Forged alloy wheels installed here are also from Prior Design and should be around 22 inches tall. So that the new rims in the wheel arches really come into their own, the vehicle has been lowered significantly. Unfortunately, we do not yet know whether this is a coilover suspension or a modification of the standard air suspension. Unfortunately, we do not yet know whether the S-Class Coupé has received an increase in performance and whether a complete sports exhaust system has been installed, or perhaps only new end pieces. We hope that Prior Design will soon officially present the C217 on its website and that the first real photos will appear on the net. So far we have to be content with what we have found and unfortunately that is no more than a few videos and one or two pictures. If we get more information about further modifications made to the S-Coupe, there is of course, as always, an update for this post. The best thing is to subscribe to our feed and if there is something new you will be informed immediately. We hope you enjoy looking at the photos.
(Photos: Prior Design)
These are the changes to the S-Class Coupe:
- Prior Design PD75SC (PD990SC) widebody aerodynamic kit (fiberglass Dura-Flex material, new front bumper with additional vents, widened front fenders, massive rear wheel arch extensions, side skirts, hood with power dome and large air vents, new rear bumper with diffuser, fixed rear spoiler)
- PD4 Forged Wheels alloy wheels (about 22 inches, black + polished rim base)
- Lowering (sports springs, coil springs, sports suspension, coilover suspension, with standard air suspension possibly by adjusting the electronics - more information is not available)
- possibly a performance increase - (chip tuning, tuning box - more information is not available)
- Sport exhaust system (more information is not available)
We still have many thousands more photo stories on tuningblog.eu, if you wanted to see an excerpt then just click HERE, And also from Prior Design we have some other vehicles, following a small excerpt:
all around fatter & brutally deep.
Update from "16.03.2017/XNUMX/XNUMX"
There are new pictures
Maybe there will soon be an update with information and pictures. If this is the case we will of course also put it online and inform you about it.
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day.