At the end of last year it was the tuner Posaidon from Neuwied in Germany with one on 485PS strengthened Mercedes A45 AMG A-Class a lot of dust and could at least annoy established drivers of a BMW E60 M5 or E63 AMG. With a limited edition called RS485 +, the whole thing is changing and annoyance becomes "hanging out"! Posaidon is now offering a performance upgrade for the 381 hp facelift version and the 360 hp pre-facelift version to 500 hp and an electronically limited torque of 555 Newton meters. The A-Class flies from 0-100km / h in just 3,5 seconds and only stops at an impressive 315km / h. Due to the all-wheel drive and the relatively low weight, the A-Class should have advantages over the vehicles mentioned above. Incidentally, the tuner achieves the additional power that has increased once again by means of ball-bearing racing turbochargers, enlarged and flow-optimized stainless steel downpipe or even complete processing of the intake system.
Individual withdrawal by Poseidon
The Posaidon team has released the Mercedes A45 AMG RS485 + the days and we are of course pleased to be able to show you the pictures of this project. After the extensive tuning cure that the A45 AMG was allowed to endure, it is now a good 120PS stronger and with a huge 555NM torque also significantly more powerful than the already rather potent production version. So if you have been secretly thinking of buying an A45 AMG, whether A-Class, CLA or GLA, or even a happy owner, Posaidon is definitely an interesting starting point when it comes to differentiating the vehicle from the production model . And for all those who are not necessarily located near the tuner, the vehicle may serve as a tuning template for the tuning partner on site.
As far as the further changes to optics or technology are concerned, we have tried to find out the most important details. As always, we have listed what came out of this in a small summary for you in the lower part of the article. If you discover more changes that we have missed, please use our comment box and let us know, we will then add them to the article as soon as possible.
These are the known changes to the series:
- Name: Posaidon A 45 RS485 +
- Increase in performance of the 381 PS facelift model and the 360 PS pre-facelift version to 500PS and an electronically limited torque of 555 Newton meters (ball-bearing racing turbocharger, enlarged and flow-optimized stainless steel downpipe, processing of the intake system, new air filter and charge air cooling, fine tuning of the engine & Transmission software, 200-CPI racing catalytic converter) - available for all AMG 45 models
- 0-100km / h in 3,5 seconds
- Top speed 315km / h
- optionally reinforced VA brake system (6-piston calipers, 365 × 34 mm steel brake discs, steel-flex brake lines)
- Lowering (sports springs, coil springs, sports suspension, coilovers, Airride air suspension, with standard air suspension possibly by adjusting the electronics - more information is not available)
- darkened / tinted windows
- On request: speed camera update for the navigation system, TV activation, deactivation of the start & stop function
We are sure that we will receive some information and definitely new pictures and videos in the next few weeks. As soon as this is the case, we will of course add to the article and inform you about it.
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day.
Note: We ask for your understanding if not all tuning details are optimally translated. Sometimes we receive the information about the vehicles in a wide variety of national languages and we have our dear need to conjure up something understandable from it. We are always grateful for corrections, so don't be afraid to share them. It's best if you subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.
Maybe you also want to read a report from other car brands? Apart from the above manufacturer, you'll wonder what vehicles these days coilovers, alloy wheels, Chiptuning and the craziest foiling built in & attached. Take a look at the following manufacturers: ALFAROMEO, ALPINA, AUDI, BMW, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, CHRYSLER, CITROËN, DACIA, DAEWOO, DODGE, FIAT, FORD, HONDA, HYUNDAI, INFINITI, ISUZU, JAGUAR, JEEP, KIA, LANCIA , LANDROVER, LEXUS, MASERATI, MAZDA, MERCEDES, MINI, MITSUBISHI, NISSAN, OPEL, PEUGEOT, PORSCHE, RENAULT, SAAB, SEAT, SKODA, SMART, SUBARU, SUZUKI, TATA, TOYOTA, VAUXHALL, VOLVO, VW and ALL others.