Reading time 3 Minutes
HGP is known for its brute turbo conversions and now it has also caught the current VW Passat B8 (type 3G) with 280 PS & 350 NM four-cylinder VW EA888 as standard. HGP gives the Passat the same performance values as the one recently presented Audi TTs & S3 Sportback had received. Specifically, this means that the Passat gets a K&N air filter insert with a modified air supply and of course the 480PS turbocharger with a reinforced fuselage group and enlarged compressor and turbine wheel. This also includes a new and significantly larger turbocharger intake and an enlarged boost pressure pipe and hose. Other changes such as a high-pressure pump with a larger piston diameter, a 76mm downpipe with 130mm steel catalyst, in-house chip tuning or the stainless steel exhaust system with modified standard silencer and flap control including 76mm tailpipes contribute to the full increase in performance of 200 hp.
In order for the Passat to accelerate to 4 km / h in under 100 seconds, it still requires a modified shift program and changed shift times for the DSG transmission and also a modified launch control vote (for DSG vehicles) will be applied immediately. So that the whole load also comes to a halt, HGP also builds a ceramic steel brake system (370mm 8 Piston Brake System) with red brake calipers, which plays their quality especially on the racetrack and brings the good 1,7 heavy Wolfsburg back to a standstill. The 500 km / h with 300PS also loose in it proves to us the video of MotorOli.de who caught the Passat and made the Hockenheimring and the Autobahn unsafe.
Visually, HGP has been very restrained and installed on the "Pampersbomber", for the standard R-Line package (280PS version), only a set of black OZ Racing aluminum rims that fit perfectly in the wheel arch using KW coil springs. The HGP Passat B8 is definitely one of the most inconspicuous vehicles in this segment and hardly anyone will expect a performance of 480PS with the typical representative & family station wagon. If we get more information about the changes, there is of course an update for this post. You will be informed about the update when you get ours Feed subscribe to. We hope you enjoy watching.
(Photos: HGP + YouTube)
The details of the changes to the VW Passat 2.0 TSI R-Line:
- Performance increase available for vehicle from year of manufacture 2013 and with engine code: CJXA, CJXB, CJXC, CJXD, CJXF, CJXG
- Lowering (KW coilover suspension)
- OZ Racing alloy wheels in black
- Brake calipers painted in red
- to increase performance includes:
- K&N air filter insert with modified air supply
- 480PS turbocharger with reinforced hull group as well
enlarged compressor wheel & turbine wheel
- larger turbocharger intake
- enlarged boost pressure pipe & hose
- High pressure pump with larger piston diameter
- 76mm Hosepipe with 130mm Steel Catalyst (88mm turbocharger output between turbocharger and catalytic converter)
- 76mm stainless steel exhaust system with modified series pot and flap control
- 3 bar boost pressure sensor
- 3 bar manifold pressure sensor
- Chiptuning with Vmax cancellation
- modified shift program and shift times for the DSG transmission,
changed launch control vote (for DSG vehicles)
Of course, we have published tens of thousands more tuning reports on tuningblog.eu, if you wanted to see an excerpt then just click HERE, And also from HGP we have some other vehicles, following a small excerpt:
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day.
It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.