Mercedes tuner RENNtech has secured a record! And with the recently presented Mercedes-Benz AMG GT R R825! Airfield, Schwedenkreuz, Fuchsröhre, Karussell - those who call themselves motorsport fans and track day enthusiasts will of course know these sections of the legendary Nürburgring-Nordschleife. 20,832 kilometers of pure racetrack and a new record attempt almost every day. The AMG specialists from RENNtech have weakened their AMG GT R for the planned campaign, if we interpret this correctly, using the R760 package to 760 PS & 780 NM (for whatever reason).
But the rest of the vehicle seems pretty much identical to the combination from late May. The professional GT3 needed a racing driver for the complete lap Andreas Simonsen a time of 7: 04 minutes (6:50 minutes BTG - Bridge to Gantry) which means that the RENNtech GT R was 7 seconds faster than the series and thus the fastest street-legal Mercedes on the Nordschleife. Fast enough to line up exactly between the Porsche 911 GT2 RS (6: 58 Min.) And the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (7: 05 Min.) With an indication of even more potential.
On the one hand, you can see in the video that not always was free to drive and on the other hand, RENNtech is already looking for other technical solutions to elicit the AMG GT R even more hidden potential. Managing Director Dipl.-Ing. Lukas Domogalla assumes that the current configuration under optimal conditions is already good for a time of 6: 50 minutes. Have fun watching the video and stay true to us!
Of course, that was far from it. tuningblog.eu has countless other articles on the subject of auto & tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. But also off the tuning we want to provide you with news. Themes that go beyond the box you will find in our category Tips, products, information & Co. Following an excerpt from the last reports:
These are the changes to the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT R:
- Name: Mercedes-Benz AMG GT R R760
- Performance increase on 760 PS & 780 NM
- software upgrade
- Downpipe with 200-cell catalytic converter
- Blow-off valves
- High-performance air filter
- Turbo upgrade
- Gear and clutch adapted
- stronger brake system with slotted brake discs and body color painted brake calipers (track package, two-piece weight-reduced brake discs with sports brake pads, steel brake lines, racing brake fluid, CFK plug-and-play ventilation kit)
- 0 at 100 km / h in about 3 seconds
- Quarter mile about 10,5 seconds
- V. Max. repeal
- RENNtech body kit made of carbon (front apron canards in double design right and left, approaches for the side skirts, two-stage rear wing, diffuser)
- Forged wheels of the type RPS 10.2 (VOSSEN Wheels) in 10 × 19 inches on the front axle and 12 × 20 inches on the back
- Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 ZP Semislicks in 285 / 30 ZR19 and 335 / 25 ZR20
- Lowering (Bilstein coilover kit - racing suspension with RENNtech Nürburgring setup)
- Sport exhaust system with flap function etc.
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.