Almost a year ago we brought you the 750PS Shelby Super Snake based on the Ford F-150 presented. And today comes almost the hardcore version for the terrain! Although with Biturbo V6 instead of sucker V8 but that does not really noticeable. And what the, after the legendary "Baja" off-road rally baptized, Shelby Baja Raptor F-150 has before it is clear in the state. Extremely high-legged you put the pickup on huge off-road tires and the bow and the rear got black steel bumpers that allow a maximum angle of repose. Offroad is announced! The skirts have integrated 10-inch LED strips for a brilliant illumination of the conditions and the highlight of the lighting technology sits directly under the powerful radiator grille.
Here, the F-150 houses a 40 inch wide Curved LED Lightbar for perfect illumination of the road or whatever appears in front of the monster. And of course, the Baja Raptor got the mighty Shelby hood with double RAM air intake of the street version which makes the front even more massive. It continues with a steel roll bar with side panels of course, especially in the off-road area has its raison d'être and should provide protection. The cargo bed also has two spare wheel mounts and one (electrically retractable) 50-inch LED light bar for illumination to the rear. The Shelby Baja Raptor F-150 has motorized and illuminated door sills that allow you to get into the cabin at all, due to the extreme ground clearance.
And of course the 3,5 liter twin-turbo V6 has also been significantly modified. The engine now delivers a brilliant 525 hp to all four wheels and a torque of almost 830 Nm is available even at low speeds. The series of the Ford F-150 Raptor brings it to 450 hp and 691 Nm. The increase in performance is achieved by means of cold air intake systems, high flow sports air filters and in-house chip tuning. There was also an aluminum water cooler that kept the temperature balance of the Baja Raptor in the green area. By the way, they are particularly proud of the chassis that Shelby developed in cooperation with FOX Racing.
It's called the Raptor Stage 2 landing gear and can be adjusted without tools. In connection with the rough BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T / A KM2 off-road tires in the dimensions 35 / 12.5R18, spectacular jumps can be made without any problems and the best traction is always guaranteed. While the exterior of the storey is radically trimmed for off-road use, the cab is quite luxurious. A chic leather interior in black & red, matching floor mats, carbon applications on the dashboard as well as a new center console and of course a badge with a serial number on the front passenger dashboard are the most important features.
With this floor, there will probably be no hold off paved slopes and also in civilian traffic, the off-roader should be quite move. If we get more details about the changes, there is, of course, an update for this report. It is best to subscribe to our feed and if there is something new you will get in touch immediately. We wish you a lot of fun watching the pictures.
(Photos: Shelby American)
These are the changes to the Shelby American:
- Name: Shelby Baja Raptor F-150
- Improved performance with Cold Air Intake system, High Flow sport air filter, Performance aluminum radiator, Chiptuning on 525 PS / 827 Nm
- Shelby Baja Raptor foliation
- FOX-Raptor Stage 2 Landing Gear (VA 3 Custom Threaded Legs with Internal Bypass, External Expansion Tank, HA 3 Inch Shock Absorber with External Bypass and External Expansion Tank)
- black Shelby Raptor rims in 18 inches
- Tires: BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T / A KM2 Off-Road Tires (Dimensions 35 / 12.5R18)
- new interior (Shelby leather upholstery, carbon fiber applications, Raptor floor mats, plaques with serial number, windows tinted)
- Metal front bumper in black with 10-inch LED daytime running lights, 40-inch curved LED lightbar under the grille, Shelby metal rear bumper in black with integrated LED taillights + 10-inch LED reversing lights, hood with double RAM air inlet, motorized & illuminated door sills, steel roll bar in black, 50-inch LED light bar (electrically retractable) on the bar, side panels, spare wheel holders (2 pieces)
We still have many thousands more tuning reports on tuningblog.eu, if you wanted to see an excerpt then just click HERE, And also from Shelby American we have some other vehicles, following a small excerpt:
V6 power with over 500 PS
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day.
It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.