This original one 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R Fastback will be in the coming days auctioned. And if the previously submitted Estimates Prove right then he could be for more than $ 1,5 million sold. The vehicle is one of only 34 ever built GT350R SCCA B Production racing cardeveloped by Carroll Shelby and the serial number 5R106 and have a long racing history. From the collection of Mecum auctions (the auction takes place there) shows that the GT350R is used in numerous SCCA National Events was driven by the first owner who ordered the Mustang from Jack Loftus Ford in Hinsdale, Illinois. Like other vehicles in the SCCA series of the GT350R, this car also left the Ford plant as slimmed down Mustang 2 + 2 Fastbackbefore leaving Shelby in six month total time in a vehicle with Competition specifications was rebuilt.
1965 Shelby GT350R SCCA B Production racing car
This Mustang celebrated on 4. September 1965Just 10 days after it was delivered by Shelby, it already made its first racing debut in Class B Production in Road America. It raced in Indiana, Lynndale Farms, Clermont, Wisconsin, and Wilmot Raceway. In the early 70s, it was then stored long-term and received no attention for many years. After the purchase by the current owner, the GT350R restauriert and won the Gold Award in the competitive class in 1993 SAAC-18 in Watkins Glen. And despite participating in the various races, the vehicle has only 4.930 miles on the clock and is apparently in excellent condition. If we get more information, there is of course an update for this report. You will be informed of this if you simply use ours Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
Photo / s: Mecum Auctions
1965 SHELBY GT350R FASTBACK SFM5R106:
- 4.930 miles
- one of 34 Series R models
- documented with original invoices, the order, Shelby delivery note, vintage photos and historical documents
- newly delivered to Jack Loftus Ford in Hinsdale, Illinois
- Owned by Dick Jordan for 21 years
- exact restoration of the original competition specifications, using only original and NOS service parts
- 289/325 HP V8 engine
- Holley 4 cylinder carburetor
- Cobra intake manifold
- Tri-Y manifold
- new oil cooler and high performance cooler
- Borg Warner T10 M 4-speed gearbox
- delivered with a 4.11 tail
- independent front suspension with coil springs
- live rear suspension with leaf springs
- Disc brakes in front
- Fiberglass front apron
- Cooling channels for the brake system
- original plexiglass window
- Painted in Wimbledon white with a black interior
- American Racing 15 × 7 rims
Of course, that wasn't the end of it. Our tuning magazine has tens of thousands more tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. Or are you particularly interested in the manufacturer and tuner Shelby American? Then the following excerpt is for sure just the right thing.
1965 Ford Shelby Mustang GT350R
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is something new for this post and of course also to all other contributions.