From the South African vehicle armor specialist "SVI engineering“This completely transformed 79-series Toyota Land Cruiser arrives. SVI describes the off-roader as "Max 3“And it should be completely rebuilt to protect its occupants from outside attacks. After the conversion, the Max 3 no longer looks like a Land Cruiser, but shows itself with a massive radiator grille in XXL format, there are superimposed lenses in completely new headlights in front and generally the shape of the body looks like it has been chiseled . Hard corners and edges can be seen everywhere and there are even suicide doors (Suicide doors) for easier entry into the armored cabin. SVI offers the Max 3 as a single cabin, as a double cabin or as a body configuration for up to 8 people (then as MAX 9 Armored Personnel Carrier / APC) at. The Max 3 is also available as a left-hand or right-hand drive.
B6 protection or B7 protection
The basic version comes with B6 ballistic protection, which means it can withstand a 7,62 × 51mm NATO cartridge from an assault rifle such as the South African military's R1 or a 7,62 × 49mm bullet from an AK47. The 38 millimeter thick armored glass and steel plates all around make this possible, and if that's not enough, SVI can also buy the Max 3 with B7 armor and explosion protection. The higher level means even more protection from stronger weapons, but a vehicle with such strong armor needs one even in South Africa special permission. Such approval can only be granted by a registered security company or the government agency itself. SVI even offers the Max 3 for the military. Then there are even brackets for a machine gun and 50-caliber mortar in addition to the armor chosen.
improved chassis in the Land Cruiser
In order to be able to carry the additional weight of the armor, SVI improved the chassis of the standard Land Cruiser and installed additional stabilizers at the rear. It continues with a new wheel-tire setup and only the engine and the drive train are not changed. Incidentally, the Max 3 starts at around 1,6 million South African rand (103.053 US dollars) and SVI can deliver the Max 3 within three months of receiving an order. If we get more information about the changes, there is of course an update for this report. You will be informed of this if you simply use ours Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
Photo / s: SVI
MAX 3 BY SVI:
- to fight violent crime, terrorism, demonstrations, regional conflicts, etc.
- Vehicle is available in different configurations (including 7 seater)
- Base: Standard Land Cruiser 79 chassis
- The fuselage of the MAX 3 replaces the standard Land Cruiser body
- Ballistic materials of the highest quality for optimal ballistic and explosion protection
MAX 9 BY SVI
- MAX 9 Armored Personnel Carrier (APC)
- Eight-seater (driver and 7 passengers)
- Payload 2.000 kg
- additional security & comfort
- specially developed construction
- ballistic protection - STANAG 1 with optional upgrade to explosion protection - STANAG 4569 AEP 55 Level 3A / 3B
- is built according to customer requirements (pure passenger transporter, with a weapon tower, for law enforcement, for peacekeeping, as an ambulance in war, etc.)
- Vehicle has 5 doors (rear main door is operated from the driver's seat)
- Also available with an additional rear axle as a 6 × 6 vehicle with loading area
- 6,7 liter turbo diesel from Cummins
- specially adapted 5-speed Allison automatic
- Axletech front and rear axles
- Speed 115 km / h
- electrical CAN bus system and digital dashboard display
Of course, that wasn't the end of it. Our tuning magazine has tens of thousands more tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. Or are you particularly interested in the subject of special protection vehicles? Then the following excerpt is sure to be just the thing.
SVI MAX 3! Toyota Land Cruiser 79 with B6 or B7 armor!
SVI MAX 9
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is something new for this post and of course also to all other contributions.