Recently updated on April 13, 2022 at 07:15 am
In July 2021, the Texan tuner Hennessey Performance teased the so-called VelociRaptor 400 on. A significantly more powerful Ford Bronco with about 400 PS and some off-road goodies. And almost at the same time as the one presented yesterday Ford Bronco Raptor (2022) is the Hennessey VelociRaptor 400 Bronco also completed. And unlike the factory sharp variant, the VelociRaptor is direct In Stock. While you're already on the normal Bronco has to wait up to 18 months, the Raptor version should probably be a lot longer in coming. Is it worth it? Especially since the Hennessey Bronco comes up with similar key data. It is true that he is not sitting 3,0 liter EcoBoost V6 engine with double turbocharging under the hood, about 400 PS but you can still reach it. And by means of Tuning on the well-known 2,7-liter V6 engine. With this, Hennessey wants to significantly improve off-road capabilities and performance on the road. But before we get the topic engine tuning (Chip tuning, new high-flow intake and stainless steel exhaust system, new intercooler) tackle, we come to the optical changes.
Hennessey VelociRaptor 400
The exterior of the photo vehicle has an aggressive look with two blue ones Strip on the hood and the frame of the windshield and also on the sides are blue ones D shaped graphics to see. In addition to a large "1" on the front doors, there is also a VelociRaptor 400 lettering on the lower part of the doors and a Hennessey note on the side panels.
The Pasting is not a must, but an optional feature of the VelociRaptor 400. It continues with new front and rear VelociRaptor aprons, which with regard to the component forward with a LED light bar, LED fog lights and a VelociRaptor branding is stocked. Also fold out Foot Rests are installed. And in addition there was a set 35 inches (0,89 m) Off-road tires on 18 inches Rims by Hennessey. We already have the wheelset on the recently presented one VelociRaptor 600 seen on F-150 basis. But the major changes have under the hood happened. There, Hennessey ensures that the 2,7-liter V6 with two turbochargers is powerful 416 PS (411 HP) generated at 4.400 rpm.
more power in the 2,7-liter V6 BiTurbo
And the torque also jumps up. From 563 Nm to enormous 817,5 Nm at 3200 rpm. This should be a noticeable feature, especially off-road. Incidentally, it is still switched via the well-known ten-speed automatic and of course the all-wheel drive is retained. Hennessey states that the VelociRaptor in only 4,9 seconds Country road speed reached and also the top speed should increase (Information on this is currently not available).
Hennessey also mentioned that the off-road capabilities will not be negatively impacted by the changes and will also come with a 36.000-mile (approx. 58.000 km) warranty. But the upgrade doesn't come cheap. It starts at $24.950 and if you invest another $6.000, you get the new paint job. By the way, only to be built 200 vehicles. If we get more information about the changes, there is of course an update for this report. You will be informed of this if you simply use ours Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: VELOCIRAPTOR 400 BRONCO
- 411 hp at 4.400 rpm.
- 817 NM torque at 3.200 rpm
- 0-60mph (96km/h): 4,9 seconds
- Engine management software upgrade (chip tuning)
- revised exhaust system
- High-flow sports air filtering
- 18 inch Hennessey rims
- 35 inch (0,89 m) off-road tires
- Leveling kit front and rear
- VelociRaptor front bumper with LED lights
- VelociRaptor rear bumper
- Hennessey & VelociRaptor emblems
- Headrests with Hennessey badge
- limited edition (200 vehicles for 2022)
- Plaques with serial number in engine compartment and interior
- Heritage Edition livery
- revised leather interior
Don't worry, of course that was far from being the case when it came to auto / auto tuning. Our magazine still has tens of thousands other tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Then just click HERE and look around. Or are you particularly interested in everything to do with vehicles from tuner Hennessey Performance? Then the following excerpt is definitely the right thing for you.
the Hennessey VelociRaptor 400 Bronco
Photo credit: Hennessey performance
another vehicle from 04.2022
Bronco Upgrade Excellence! // VelociRaptor 400 by Hennessey
• 411 hp at 4.400 rpm.
• 818 Nm of torque at 3.200 rpm
• 0-60mph (96km/h): 4,9 seconds
- UPGRADES BASED ON BRONCO 2.7L V6 TWIN TURBO
• Engine management software upgrade (chip tuning)
• Sports exhaust system
• High-flow sports air filter
• new heat exchanger
• Suspension leveling kit (front and rear lift)
• Performance braking system at the front
• 18 inch Hennessey rims (incl. spare wheel)
• 35 inch (0,89 m) off-road tires
• VelociRaptor front bumper with pod fog lights
• VelociRaptor rear bumper
• Hennessey and VelociRaptor emblems
• Headrests with Hennessey embroidery
• limited edition (200 vehicles for the year 2022)
• Serial number plaque in engine compartment
• professional installation
• Chassis Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• 3 year / 36.000 mile limited warranty
- OPTIONAL UPGRADES
• Heritage Edition paintwork
• new leather interior
tuningblog.eu - on the subject of cars, motorcycles, bikes / ATV / scooters & Co., and of course our passion, the Tuning, we keep you up to date and report daily on cool vehicles from all over the world. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is a new post.