Now there is Golf R from as Variant (2021). VW plans to launch the R as a station wagon from mid-August 2021. The 4,63 meter long R variant An alternative to the five-door model impresses with a large trunk that holds between 611 and 1.642 liters with the rear seats folded down. And the potent station wagon can optionally also be equipped with a Trailer hitch be equipped for a tensile load of 1,9 tons. That was the case with the predecessor should not. The rest is only slightly different from the smaller brother. However, this also applies to performance. The R Variant is not really less sporty than the short body version. After all, it has installed the same drive combination and is therefore also on par with the Arteon R Shooting Brake. Only about 10.000 euros cheaper. The good performance makes an achievement of 320 PS & 420 NM from 2.100 revs due to the well-known technology of the new Evo-4 generation of the 2.0-liter turbo gasoline engine.
4,9 seconds to 100 km / h in the Variant
In addition there is the familiar Seven-speed DSG dual-clutch transmission and of course the 4Motion all-wheel drive with torque vectoring system (distributes drive force between the front and rear axles, between the two rear wheels and can give 100% of the rear drive force to one wheel). In combination with a Empty weight of 1.630 kilograms The Golf R Variant thuds in 4,9 seconds at 100 km / h (Five-door 4,7) and easily creates electronically sealed off 250 km/h Top. And even that R performance package you can order for the station wagon. It increases the top speed 270 km/h and has the "Nürburgring" mode with even better coordination especially for the Eifel course. In view of the almost reached 50.000 euro limit of the five-door, the R Variant is likely to exceed this. We have listed all the important details about the compact power station wagon below. If we get more information, there will of course be an update for this report. You will be informed of this if you simply do ours Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
The VW Golf 8 R Variant (MK8) in detail:
- Optics: special bumpers, blue LED strip between the headlights, double pipe exhaust system, roof edge spoiler with fins, diffuser, R logos
- Power: 320 PS and 420 Newton meters of torque (from 2.100 revolutions)
- Seven-speed dual clutch transmission (Purely electric operation by means of a stub switch)
- Torque vectoring (4-motion all-wheel drive)
- individual driving programs (Comfort, Sport, Race, Individual)
- optional R performance package with drift mode and "Nürburgring" mode
- optional adaptive DCC sports suspension with electronically controlled dampers (chassis is 20 mm lower)
- Driving dynamics manager (controls dampers, brakes, four-wheel drive, torque vectoring rear axle, ESC system, etc.)
- 0-100 km / h in 4,9 seconds, 250 or 270 km / h maximum speed
- Brake system: 18-inch discs at the front and aluminum brake pot, blue-painted brake calipers
- standard 18-inch wheels (optional 19 inch with semi-slicks)
- indoor: Sports seats with contrasting stitching, blue decor, nappa leather (optional), air-conditioned seats (in the leather package)
- possibly stronger 333 PS version (unconfirmed)
Don't worry, of course that was far from being the case when it came to auto / auto tuning. Our magazine still has tens of thousands other tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Then just click HERE and look around. Or are you particularly interested in everything to do with the manufacturer Volkswagen? Then the following excerpt with other vehicles is definitely the right one.
VW Golf 8 R Variant
320 PS, seven-speed DSG and all-wheel drive!
Photo credit: Volkswagen (VW)
tuningblog.eu - on the subject of cars, motorcycles, bikes / ATV / scooters & Co., and of course our passion, the Tuning, we keep you up to date and report daily on cool vehicles from all over the world. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is a new post.