Reading time 3 Minutes
Owners of new BMW R nineT models that meet the Euro 5 standard sometimes complain that they have lost the tried and tested standard on-board socket compared to their predecessors. This had to give way to a USB socket. This means that neither navigation systems nor other end devices with a motorcycle connection cable (DIN plug) can be charged or supplied with power as usual. The convenient charging of the motorcycle battery with a CAN bus-capable charger via the on-board socket is unfortunately a thing of the past. Not quite. If you don't want to have this plug pulled, we recommend the on-board socket from Wunderlich, with which it is still possible to operate devices with a DIN plug.
On-board socket - BMW R nineT
The specialists for BMW motorcycle accessories place the on-board socket skilfully and easily accessible close to the steering head, in the front left area, below the tank. This means that it is within perfect reach of permanently installed consumers, for example in the cockpit area or for mobile consumers that can be carried in a tank bag, for example, without the need for long cables. A bracket that is included in the assembly kit serves as a solid base for discreet attachment of the on-board socket. The electrical connection of the on-board socket is made using the cable set that is also included, which is specially pre-assembled for the R nineT. This connects the vehicle wiring harness to the on-board socket via standard BMW plug-and-play connections.
At a glance:
- Item: 42040-900 - Wunderlich on-board socket - black - for BMW R nineT models (Euro 5)
- The facts:
- With the help of the on-board socket, end devices with common motorcycle connection cables and DIN plugs can be charged or supplied with power as usual
- The on-board socket is easily accessible for consumers in the cockpit area or for those who are carried in the tank bag
- The motorcycle battery can be conveniently charged with a CAN bus-capable charger via this on-board socket
- Simple connection via plug-and-play with a pre-assembled cable set
- Scope of delivery: on-board socket, bracket, cable set and mounting kit
- Motorcycle on-board socket complies with DIN ISO 4165
- The price of the Wunderlich on-board socket is € 49,90.
Of course, that wasn't the end of it. Our tuning magazine has countless other tuning reports in stock. And we also deal regularly with the subject of motorcycles and motorcycle tuning. Do you want to see all the articles about motorcycles and motorcycle tuning? Just click HERE and look around. Or is a small extract enough? Then take a look at the following 3 posts.
tuningblog.eu - We keep you up to date on the subject of car and motorcycle tuning and car and motorcycle styling with our magazine and present you with new tuned vehicles and motorcycles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is something new for this post and of course also to all other contributions.