Especially in the scene of Rat-Cars, also called "rats" (Rat look), you can see more and more cars, which have not only mounted a roof rack, but also transport various parts on this frame, which are of course lashed down in order not to fall down uncontrollably. These can be both suitcases in vintage look as well as whole beds, which are mounted on the roof and thus radically change the look of a car. Extremely popular is one such roof garden especially in the VW classic car scene, but not in the glossy polished oldies, but in the above-mentioned Ratlook classic cars, which often look like they come directly from the junkyard, since they have either already set so much patina, however, are still fully ready to drive, or just by special rust paint, to give the impression that it is moving rust eaves. It goes without saying that packed suitcases, plants and all sorts of trinkets will be placed on the roof to reinforce this impression. Such a roof garden can of course also be mounted on a car that is really scrapworthy and no longer roadworthy, and can then be used for exhibition purposes as a decoration.
Advantages of a roof garden:
- For cars with Rat look, the impression of a rusty arbor is enhanced
- When creating a roof garden no intervention in the technology is necessary.
- It's incredibly cheap to charge a roof garden on a car for free
- The storage space increases when you install additional suitcases on the roof.
- The roof garden can be dismantled easily in a possible sale of the car.
Disadvantages of a roof garden:
- The aerodynamics are completely in the bucket, because you also carry ballast on the roof with you.
- Fuel consumption increases by as much as 30 percent, putting more strain on the environment and the wallet
- Badly secured luggage can fall on the road in the event of sudden evasive maneuvers, thereby endangering other road users.
Now you have to decide for yourself, if you want to start a project, which deals with advice-look and roof garden, or if you prefer glossy tuning.
Of course that had not been the case. Our tuning magazine has tens of thousands more tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. Or are you especially interested in our tuning wiki? Then the following excerpt is for sure just the right thing.
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.