Many of you will be familiar with the problem, a foul and unpleasant smell spreads in the interior. It may even stink when you use the air conditioning. If that's the case, it's high time to get the Cleaning and disinfecting the air conditioning to devote. A typical sign of a dirty air conditioner is a damp and musty smell. This suggests that already molds have spread in the system of climate. In acute cases, the mold can attack health and manifest itself through symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, irritated eyes and a runny nose.
Air conditioning can be cleaned as follows!
Caveat: Basically, you don't have to worry about high maintenance costs coming your way because you can easily clean your air conditioner clean yourself. With just a little money (about 10 euros) you can buy a spray that makes the unpleasant odors disappear and fights mold.
In order to clean the air conditioning with the spray, there are a few things you should consider:
- To begin with, the front seats must be complete folded will. Then slide the passenger seat as far as it will go forward and please place a towel on the vehicle floor behind the passenger seat.
- Position the disinfectant spray center on the towel. At this position, the spray is a safe distance from the interior.
- Now you can start the vehicle and the air conditioning on circulating air let run.
- Set the air conditioner fan to its highest setting and let the air flow up escape. All air vents should be open!
- When you have completed these steps, the disinfectant is used.
- By the Activate the spray button the contents of the can escape into the interior of the car. Please do not remain in the car during the process. The entire spraying process will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Once the spray can is empty, you can open the car and turn off the engine.
- You can now remove the empty spray can and the towel from the vehicle and remove any stains and residue from the disinfectant spray that may have formed.
- Now the interior has to be good aired will
- Your air conditioner is now disinfected and annoying odors should be a thing of the past.
Cleaning the air conditioner with a disinfectant foam
even more thorough Cleaning and disinfection can be achieved by using a so-called disinfectant foam. However, the disinfection process is a bit more cumbersome than that with the spray. The price of the foam, like the spray, is around 10 euros. Prices vary from provider to provider. The foam must be sprayed directly into the evaporator in the engine compartment. To make this easier, the foam spray cans usually come with a longer hose. After the foam has been sprayed into the vaporizer, it needs to be there for about 30 minutes influence Only after this time may the engine be started and the air conditioning activated at the highest level. Attention: In this case, too, all ventilation nozzles must be removed to be open. Now you have to run the car and the air conditioning for a while so that the foam can be distributed well.
Annual replacement of the cabin filter
In addition to regular cleaning/disinfection of the air conditioning system, you should also remember to do this once a year to replace the cabin filter. This maintenance interval makes sense and should ideally be carried out in the spring. Changing the cabin filter varies from make to make and can sometimes be difficult. In case you are not sure, you should prefer the filter in a factory change. Depending on the make, the cost of the change is around 50 euros.
Causes of the unpleasant odors from the air conditioner
As already mentioned, the bad odors are usually caused by the colonization of mold, microorganisms and bacteria that settle on the evaporator. The evaporator draws the heat from the air and this causes condensation to form. Normally, this condensation should wash away the mold, etc. Unfortunately, it happens again and again that water remains. If the air conditioning is then only used at irregular intervals, the microorganisms have the necessary time to settle and multiply. The humidity and heat in the engine compartment create an ideal environment. To a certain extent, a breeding ground for bacteria develops. You can avoid water residue by running the air conditioner for a few minutes before your arrival switch off at the destination. This allows the evaporator to dry off the residual moisture. Regular use of the air conditioning also makes an effective contribution to preventing mold from forming.
Defects in the air conditioning system due to insufficient disinfection
Not only our health is endangered by a dirty air conditioner. The vehicle can also suffer damage as a result. Germs that have already died form a layer of slime. This slime clogs the condensation drain and the moisture is forced to find other ways. This can cause rust. If the slime layer hardens, it can happen that the vaporizer has to be completely replaced.
Of course, that wasn't the end of it!
tuningblog has countless other articles on the subject of car and auto tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. In part, we would like to provide you with news but also off the tuning. In our category Tips, products, information & Co We have reviews of car or accessories manufacturers, new ones Tuning Wiki Terms or one or the other Leak veröffentlicht. Just click on one of the following posts!