Especially on days when it bitterly cold is, the car battery often does not work reliably. But the battery can also weaken on warm days. That's why she enjoys Power Bank an increasing popularity. Every long-time driver knows it: The ignition key is turned or the start button is pressed - but nothing happens. The car will not start. You may hear an unpleasant click coming from the engine compartment. But nothing more happens. A classic sign that the car battery weakens. Because although the necessary power to open the Central locking system is still there, it is no longer sufficient to start the engine. Typically, this weakness sets in when it starts to get cold, nobody is home anymore and you have to go to work urgently.
Who is only interested in very specific areas around the topic "Help start: this is how the car battery is bridged!" iIf you are interested, you can use the following jump labels to navigate directly to the desired topic with just one click. And just as quickly you can return to this overview from the selected menu item with just one click. However, we recommend our readers to always read through the entire article. Some menu items are only really comprehensible and understandable once the complete information article has been read.
- Power bank as an alternative?
- The jump start / jumper cable
- Why is the car battery weak?
- Deposition of sulfate crystals
- Why always in the winter months?
- The power bank as a starting aid for the car?
- Power bank as a jump starter not only in winter
- Advantages of the power bank
- How is the power bank constructed?
- Giving start-up help: Here's how!
- Do not confuse plus and minus poles
- What else should you watch out for with the jump start?
- Summary information
In this case it can be a classic jumper cables do not help, because there is usually no vehicle nearby to bridge. If there is one nearby, this approach can sometimes take a lot of time. For both. Alternatively, a power bank can also be used. As modern Jump start device she can solve the problem quickly and easily. Equipped with additional features, it puts the traditional jump starter cable in the shade. Like our product test for AUTOWIT Super Cap 2 Jump Starter shows, we recommend one real battery and no capacitor-based variant. It is true that our test cannot be generalized with all capacitor devices, but nothing speaks against one for domestic use classic variant with battery. We just think the possibilities and the way they work are better.
High quality jumper cables are suitable for both cars and trucks and can be used for both petrol engines up to about 5.500 cubic centimeters as well diesel engines up to 3.000 cubic centimeters can be used. Of course, such a cable can usually also be connected to a 6 liter V12 or a 5-liter diesel be used. There is a little tolerance. If the engine becomes even stronger, you should use a particularly strong jump start cable. When operated with 12 or 24 volts, such a cable is usually supplied with a storage bag and gloves. Due to their thickening, they can be used safely.
In principle, the car battery is reliable and a less vulnerable vehicle component. Nevertheless, the ADAC was loud "Car picture“In the past year around 1,5 million times because of striking car batteries in use. Although the ADAC provides breakdown assistance for striking starter batteries, many of these failures could be prevented by the driver in advance. The car battery supplies the engine with the electricity it needs when the car starts. While driving, she will run over the alternator charged. But if you regularly drive short distances, you will in the long run make it impossible for the car battery to recharge the electricity it has consumed. If the air conditioning, radio, seat heating or even an additional thermal blanket are operated, the car battery draws additional electricity. The charging time of the car battery increases accordingly. While there is enough time on long journeys to recover the electricity supplied, this time is often missing on short journeys. The battery continues to discharge itself until it is too empty to start the engine.
If the car battery is not fully charged, insufficient voltage can lead to a build-up of Sulfate crystals at Battery plates come. The result is that the capacity of the battery decreases. If the battery is regularly charged less than discharged, this process can no longer undone be made. Ask another problem dirty contacts Because here leakage currents can discharge the car battery. Ultimately, that also plays Age of the starter battery a role. It usually lasts for four to five years without any problems, after which it approaches the end of its life. In this case, the weakness has less to do with driving short distances than with age. This applies here Maintenance obligation of the car owner, which should not be neglected even in the case of the car battery.
That's because the cold for one additional discharge the battery. At the same time, starting the engine requires a lot of power. Before starting the engine, the Stationary heating system, which Heated seats as well as other heating elements of the car, the electricity consumption increases immensely. The lighting, the radio or just the ventilation also contribute to the process. If the battery is fully charged, it has sufficient buffer to compensate for this additional load. On the other hand, if it is weakened, then this requirement exceeds its capacity and it fails. Maybe you should also think about the battery in the winter time in addition by means of a battery cover to protect.
Switzerland rules out the possibility of deportation to China. It is assumed that these Tibetans come from India or Nepal, both of which countries do not recognize the UN Refugee Convention. Even worse, Nepal recently signed anextradition treaty with the communist regime in China! So, deportation to India or Nepal are not viable solutions for these Tibetan asylum seekers. Power Bank can as Car jumpstart for the car, the truck or the motorcycle. However, it can also be used for mobile homes, yachts, boats or lawn mowers. The operation of cool boxes or notebooks is also possible with such a device. Because a good power bank has a battery capacity of 18.000 to 25.000 ampere-hours. When buying a power bank, it is important to make sure that it has an integrated one Overloading and Overcurrent protection disposes. Besides, she should water resistant and ideally have an integrated USB 3.0 interface feature. However, the integrated one is particularly important Charge management system. Because this takes care of the Deep discharge and Overcharge protection and safe to use.
The power bank as a modern start-up aid does not only make sense in winter. Because the car battery can at any temperature weaken. For this it does not necessarily have to be defective and has to be replaced. The reason for this can be unusual circumstances, such as those already mentioned Short haul or a temporarily high power consumption. From time to time there are also small electronic defects that constantly draw current from the battery without being noticed. This is particularly tricky in winter under the conditions mentioned. Other than that Booster cables the power bank can be used independently of an additional vehicle. The power bank, also known as "Power Pack"Or"Battery booster“Is referred to, is thus the fastest and safest solutionin order to be able to restart a weak battery. Basically, you just have to make sure that the power bank is always charged. Modern devices hold over 90% of the energy at least six months. If you charge the Powerbank in late summer, you are prepared for the coming winter.
The power bank offers the vehicle owner various advantages compared to the classic jump starter cable.
- The power bank offers jump start for your own vehicle without having to rely on a second vehicle.
- It is not necessary to find a second person who can spare the necessary time.
- Depending on the model of the power bank, it may have additional outputs for accessories. Cool boxes, laptops or other accessories can be charged independently of the car battery.
- Many models are equipped with reverse polarity and overcharge protection.
- Most power banks have additional ports for USB devices.
- If the power bank has integrated LED lamps, they make it easier to use during jump start.
Basically, all starting aids for the car are designed similarly. The power bank is one Accumulator. This battery is placed in a plastic case and comes with the necessary Star assistance cables fitted. Depending on the model, it is possible that the power bank has different outputs in addition to the input. In this way, the smartphone, tablet or other car accessories can be charged comfortably and gently. In many cases, the classic 12 volt socket is also provided. However, it should be noted: The more equipment the power bank has to show, the bigger and heavier will she. A power bank that comes with LED lights is equipped, facilitates jump start. Because it can also be used during twilight or in the dark. It also makes sense if the power bank waterproof is. So it can also be used in rain and snow. This should be done on the appropriate Labeling be respected by the manufacturer.
Normally every car can give jump starters. But what is the sequence when bridging? Does the plus or minus pole have to be connected to the battery first? Red or black cable? With our Step-by-step instructions the vehicle starts again:
- warning triangle and safety vest do not forget. At least when start-up assistance has to be given on a busy street or in a confusing area.
- Red cable with the positive pole of the Donor cars connect. The other end to the positive pole the battery of the breakdown vehicle clamp.
- The black cable now connect to that Negative pole the battery from Donor car. The other end of the cable goes to the Ground connection / ground point of the breakdown car. You can find the point in the Operating Instructions. Alternatively, use a free metallic spot on the engine block. Attention: The black cable on the breakdown car can not be connect to its battery. There can be flying sparks have as a consequence!
- Motor from the donor car Start.
- After a few minutes try to start the breakdown car. If it doesn't work, go to Try again for approx. 1 minute.
- Both vehicles let run.
- Consumers in the breakdown vehicle Enable (Fan, ventilation, light). Be like that Voltage peaks avoided and the On-board electronics geschützt.
- Remove cable. In the black cables from Donor car, then from Broken down car. Next that red wire remove in that order.
- Not needed Consumers in the breakdown vehicle again turn off.
- Drive off carefully and on Error Messages of the vehicle.
- to charge the battery at a household socket. Use a suitable charger for this and follow the instructions. If it is not possible, then drive You for a long time as far as possible to fully charge the car battery.
This mistake can be costly. Who with the jump start that More- and minus confused, can expect expensive damage to the vehicle electrical system. To avoid this, the corresponding signs are in the plastic near the poles poured and often the positive pole is also with one red cap marked. Occasionally the symbol is even struck in the pole. If the identification cannot be found or if you are not sure, don't just try it out. If necessary one expert or consult the first Manual use.
Use no Jumper cable too weak. A good jump start cable should be DIN standard 72.553 or the ISO 6722 standard correspond. It has to be flexible not be essential in the cold harden. The clamps for the poles must be completely encased in plastic. Only the contact parts in the pliers tip should be made of metal. Or should the car pushed will? This is the absolute Stopgap and only for vehicles with manual gearshift or very old Automatic vehicles actionable. Further information on how to push a car properly can be found here.
- What is the correct cross section?
- Cross section depends on the capacity the engine that needs jump start
- in case of doubt that thicker Cables use
- Copper cable and Aluminum cable can be used (but aluminum is less conductive and needs more cross-section)
- Jump leads for small gasoline engines with small displacement with cross section of 20 mm² use (cross section of 16 mm² is necessary if necessary also possible, aluminum cables at least 25 mm²)
- Jump start cables from 2 liters displacement with cross section of at least 25 mm² (Aluminum 40 mm²) use
- Jump leads for gasoline engines from 3 liters displacement with cross section of at least 35 mm² (Aluminum 55 mm²) use
- Jump leads for diesel engines with cross section of at least 25 mm² (Aluminum 40 mm²) use
- What should you watch out for with the jump leads?
- Jump leads should DIN standard 72.553 or ISO 6722 standard entsprechen
- quality flexibility and improve at low Temperatures
- ordinary Pole clampsthat, except for the contact parts, are completely but not too thick isolated are with geared inside and starker Feder)
- sufficient length of at least 2 meters (better 3 to 4 meters, the longer, the more cross-section is necessary)
- Cost of a jump start cable?
- mostly from 15 to 20 Euro (depending on cross-section and processing)
(Keywords on the topic of jump starters: battery booster, battery booster, booster, jump starter, vehicle jump starter, charger, emergency battery booster, emergency starter, emergency cable, power bank, power battery, power bank, power pack, quick start system, starter cable, jump starter, jump starter current, Jumper cable)
Of course that had not happened yet!
tuningblog has countless other articles on the subject of car and auto tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. In part, we would like to provide you with news but also off the tuning. In our category Tips, products, information & Co We have reviews of car or accessories manufacturers, new ones Tuning Wiki Terms or one or the other Leak veröffentlicht. Following an excerpt of the last articles:
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and we present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new about this post, and of course also to all other contributions.