At sports car meetings one hears the phrase "You made it when your doors are opening up". Through so-called LSD Doors, the LSD means by the way Lambo Style Doors and has nothing With the drug, you can also give your car a certain wow effect. Already in the year 1968 the so-called scissor doors were invented by the Italian design company Bertone and its former designer Marcello Gandini for the concept car Alfa Romeo Carabo. Gandini wanted to create a design innovation that makes it easier to maneuver cars with a very unclear tail. This was achieved by being able to park backwards with open scissor doors without damaging the door or even driving away.
Lambo style Doors as an eye-catcher
The first production car, hence the name Lambo-Style-Doors, which was delivered with scissor doors as standard, was the Lamborghini Countach, which was also designed by Marcello Gandini, the inventor of this door concept. Since then, Lamborghini has been installing this type of door in every “large” sports car series, for example in the successor to the Countach, the Diablo, or in the brand's current top model, the Aventador.
- Possibilities of shunting the car with the door open and parking it backwards.
- Little space in tight parking spaces, as the door does not swing to the side, but upwards.
- The risk of accidentally injuring cyclists or pedestrians on exit is much lower than with conventional doors.
- The hinges are placed in the same place, so it is easily possible to develop a convertible with scissor doors.
- Difficult entry for older people.
- Smaller drivers and passengers with short arms have problems closing the doors.
- In the event of a rollover, it is much more difficult, if not impossible, to recover the occupants of the injured vehicle.
If you are also interested in pimping your car with Lambo-style doors, then do not hesitate to find out about the possibilities for your vehicle. KW automotive has a cool variant of LSD hinges at the start that makes it possible to open the doors upwards in just one move. As with the Lambo, the doors do not have to be opened a little conventionally, but can be swung up immediately.
Of course that had not happened yet!
tuningblog.eu has countless other articles on the subject of auto & tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. But also off the tuning we want to provide you with news. Themes that go beyond the box you will find in our category Tips, products, information & Co. Following an excerpt from the last reports:
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.