You want more storage space for your car, for example, for the holidays, a move or the next tuning meeting? A popular alternative to the trailer, for which it needs its own driver's license, is the roof transport. With a roof structure or roof rack, even large and bulky objects can be easily transported and like us Vossen Tiguan, the M4R from Carbonfiber Dynamics or even the Jon Olsson Lamborghini Huracan The optics do not suffer as well. However, there are some points to consider. The most important we have summarized for you.
What is allowed and forbidden in roof construction
It is important to note that roof transport in road traffic is subject to legal regulations. These can be found in Section 22 of the Road Traffic Regulation (StVO). The following requirements must fulfill your roof structure:
- The cargo must be secured with the usual technical means so that it does not slip or fall even during full braking.
- The load must not protrude below a height of 2,5 meters.
- The maximum width of the roof load is 2,55 meters.
- Vehicle and cargo must not exceed a height of four meters together.
- Towards the rear, the load may protrude a maximum of 1,5 meters, however, for transport distances below 100 kilometers, up to three meters are allowed. If the load protrudes more than a meter, additional backlighting must be installed.
It is best to measure all the lengths again before you set off. A wrongly installed roof structure can result in fines and even points in Flensburg. For example, if you drive too much on the autobahn, you can expect a fine of 70 euros and one point. OK, for tuning The information on the dimensions may now have been less important, it is still good to know.
Which support system is right for the roof construction
There is a wide range of roofing systems on the market, which differ considerably in terms of price and function. Cheap systems are available from 50 Euro, higher-quality variants can cost several hundred euros. Depending on the transport purpose, there are very different designs to buy:
- Simple carriers that are suitable, for example, for the transport of large pieces of furniture.
- Boxes for transporting small items, such as camping equipment.
- Special equipment for the transport of bicycles, skis or the like.
It's best to think carefully about when, how often and what you'll need it before you buy a carrier system. Borrowing may be the better option than buying a new one. In addition, it is important to check which type of mounting is suitable for the basic carrier for your car (closed railing, open railing, fixed point attachment, rain gutter, T-slot, normal roof). For assembly, it is advisable to be a couple and to observe the respective manufacturer's instructions. Then nothing stands in the way of transport pleasure!
Of course that had not happened yet!
tuningblog.eu has countless other articles on the subject of auto & tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. But also off the tuning we want to provide you with news. Themes that go beyond the box you will find in our category Tips, products, information & Co. Following an excerpt from the last reports:
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.