Many enthusiastic car tuners and aesthetes among motorists invest a lot of time and money in the preparation, revaluation, performance and care of their beloved cars. However, some neglect a very simple and inexpensive measure to visually enhance the car. We're talking about a colored tire spray (not to be confused with one Tire Shine Spray or simply paint for applying a so-called Tire-Bomb). We mean a spray that makes the black rubber of the tire a colorful eye-catcher. Once applied, this spray can help the tire to achieve a style that is particularly cool during the ride.
with colorful tires through the year
Even the highest quality tires are visibly strained over time. Solar radiation and, of course, use while driving can cause optical deficits. Not to mention that EVERY tire basically comes in black on the road and is thus monotonous and boring. You can polish the tires and thus the entire car with simple means. A colored tire spray is a new trend for real car enthusiasts. Within minutes, a cool glitter effect on the flanks of the tire is created simply by spraying. For show purposes on tuning meetings a perfect opportunity. And with the help of water and a brush, the spray can be removed quickly and easily.
The application of tire sprays
A tire spray is very easy to use. To get it right, there are some tips and hints:
- One should apply the tire spray only on the flanks of the tires. The tread should not be treated. On the one hand, that would bring nothing there. On the other hand, the tire can become slippery and you lose grip on the road for the first few meters.
- The tire spray should not be used on the brake discs for reasons similar to those described under point 1.
- To keep the spray a bit longer and to help the tire shine, the flanks of the tires should be thoroughly cleaned with a silicone remover before use. Because dirt ensures a shorter service life of the tire spray. The air pressure should also be right.
- Parts that should not get anything from the spray can be quickly taped with newspaper or cardboard. (special attention should be paid to spray mist)
- After application simply wait 10 Min. Then apply a coat for better durability.
- If a particularly intense effect is to come to light, of course, additional layers must be applied, taking into account the intermediate flash-off time.
If you no longer like the look, you can wipe off the spray with a cloth immediately after application, as already mentioned. If the spray has been on it for a while, then it is also very easy with a brush and water. Alternatively, of course, a Kärcher helps to remove the color. Otherwise, you can just wait until the effect wears off after some time.
The advantages at a glance: The benefits of a tire spray can easily be summed up:
- a fast and above all a simple application
- the spray is cheap to have
- with correct dosage a spray can is very productive
- The tires are even protected against UV radiation
- the look is upgraded (metallic look with a glitter effect)
The disadvantages: Basically, the only downside is that the spray basically has a short life. This means that the application must be repeated. However, this also depends on the weather and the area of application of the vehicle. If you have hardly any rain during the summer, the spray will last longer than in autumn or winter, when the temperatures drop and it gets wet and cold. Is the car one? Trailer Queen so the durability should probably be eternal.
also for spotting there are possibilities
Suppliers of such spray are Foliatec and as a variant for dabbing there is the Black Magic Tire Color. Here, the application is carried out with a small sponge quite similar to the potato pressure from school. We hope you the info report to the term tire spray from the field of autotuning. Our goal is that the largest German-language tuning dictionary (Tuning Wikipedia) and to explain tuning terms from A to Z easily and understandably. Almost every day we expand this encyclopedia and how far we are already can you HERE see. Soon the next one will be Tuning scene concept be illuminated by us. Incidentally, you will be informed about new topics if you have ours Feed subscribe to.
Below are a few examples from our tuning lexicon:
But of course tuningblog has countless other articles on the subject of cars & car tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. But we also want to provide you with news outside the tuning. In our category Tips, products, information & Co we pick up contributions from car or accessory manufacturers. And also our category Test sites, laws, offenses, information has almost daily new information for you. Here are a few topics from our tuning wiki:
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.