Recently updated on September 26, 2023 at 05:44 am
It's a typical scenario: you're driving on the road, in a hurry, and suddenly there's lightning. One speed trap has struck. The fines can be steep! Many people rely on the radar reports on the radio, but they are not always reliable. Come here Speed camera detector in the game. But be careful: using them while driving can in Germany illegal be. The technology is constantly evolving and there are now different models on the market. Almost all of them connect to their smartphones, use data from different communities and are always up to date. They are also energy efficient and usually do not cost any additional monthly or annual fees. So let's take a closer look at five of the most famous models.
Speed camera detectors in comparison
- The first model is the Ooono Co. Driver No 1 (our test). A popular model that enjoys high sales and good reviews on Amazon. Its main feature is the combination of data from Ooono and Blitzer.de. Despite the design and Europe-wide functionality, some users are dissatisfied with the accuracy of the reports and the price. He should do it better Ooono Co-Driver No2.
- The second model that stands out is Saphe MC traffic alert (our test), which is primarily characterized by its Motorcycle suitability distinguishes. It can be in the car as well in the helmet used by motorcyclists. It also works across Europe, but has similar problems with inaccurate reporting as the Ooono model.
- The POI Pilot Connected (our test) is a GPS danger warning, the current speed traps without smartphone connection reports and should convince with precise acoustic and visual signals. But this doesn't always work here either.
- The third model, the Saphe Drive Mini (our test), comes with a small color display therefore, which displays symbols and distances to the user. The model is particularly useful for those who prefer visual displays. But the visible display could be a disadvantage during police checks. Especially with regard to the subscription-based ones Sape Drive Pro version (our test).
- There is also a cheaper option Needit Drive One, which is characterized by ease of use and a good price, but is described by some users as inferior.
Use while driving may result in penalties
During the sale of speed camera detectors in Germany legally can be used while driving to penalties lead. The police can even confiscate and destroy the device, and there is also a risk of it Fines (€) and even a point in Flensburg. However, they do have their advantages, such as warnings about traffic jams or accidents. For those looking to purchase a speed camera detector, there are a few things to consider. The size and type of display, whether visual or acoustic, battery life and range are important factors. Of course, it's always better to drive safely and obey speed limits, but if you're looking for an additional safety tool, one could Speed camera detector be worth considering.
What if you get pulled over?
If the police can prove that a speed camera detector was used, they can confiscate and destroy the device. There is a risk of a fine of 75 euros and one point in Flensburg. This penalty applies alsowhen a passenger uses the device. This occurs when using a warning app on the smartphone no confiscation of the phone, but there is still a risk of a fine and an entry in the driving fitness register. In other European countries, the regulations vary and penalties can sometimes be significantly stricter. Drivers should therefore inform themselves about local laws in advance.
That wasn't it yet.
Planned changes to the law, traffic violations, current regulations in the area of the STVO, etc.? You can find everything about this in the category "Test sites, laws, offenses, information".