Dangerous facilities, Emergency vehicles or Danger spots - they all bet on that Special signal of the company Round beacon (RKL) to point out something to other road users. The RKL shines its light in 360 degree range off and represents a beacon or warning light. In Germany it is also called Beacon whereas in Switzerland it is called Rotating light is known. The most famous RKLs are the Rotating mirror lights, which are characterized by their surrounding light cone.
Who is only interested in very specific areas around the topic "Rotating beacon and warning light" iIf you are interested, you can use the following jump labels to navigate directly to the desired topic with just one click. And just as quickly you can return to this overview from the selected menu item with just one click. However, we recommend our readers to always read through the entire article. Some menu items are only really comprehensible and understandable once the complete information article has been read.
- Round beacon, why used?
- Yellow all-round light
- Blue all-round light
- Red all-round light
- Green all-round light
- Rotating mirror light
- Strobe light
- Lens optics on the lamp
- the flashing light
- the warning light
The round beacon is a Special signal, which in Germany with the Follow-up horn is summarized and road users via the Right of way informed.
- They serve the light optical detection and the Labeling and the Fuse at dangerous spots, but also in special places.
- They are known for their use in road traffic. Here they are at different Emergency vehicles appropriate.
- Also dangerous facilities, Machinery as well as devices are through the RKL characterized. "back
Different colors for different purposes
Depending on application will different colored RKLs used.
- The yellow RKL is the most common in Germany. With her will before hazards warned of various kinds. She can be fixed at facilities as well as on vehicles be mounted. International will also turn to yellow light for the Transport of dangerous goods or the Tunnel Ordinance set in ADR. Typical application examples are:
- closing roller doors and alarm systems
- Heavy goods transporters and vehicles of the municipal utilities
- Rotten warning systems of the track construction
- Storm warnings at sea. The following applies here: While older designs rotate by rotating at intervals of 40 or 90 seconds, newer models are characterized by their flashing or flashlights."back
- Blue RKLs as well as blue flashing light, colloquially as Blue light referred to, show in traffic Emergency vehicles down. This way, other road users are warned. The blue light comes on Emergency trips as well as at danger, emergency and accident sites. Also for accompanying the Convoy the blue RKL is used. The blue light was already introduced in Germany in 1933. The reason for this was the property of blue light. Unlike white light, it has the highest Consisty in the atmosphere. Such was the light with which the Police vehicles were not visible to the bombers in the air. The police vehicles thus met the requirements of darkening for air protection. Since the fire Department was also assigned to the police force as fire protection police, they were also equipped with flashing lights. In both cases it was calm light. Das flash was only introduced in the 1950s. Aside from the reasons that contributed to the introduction of the blue light, another reason was that uniqueness in traffic. Since it's in no other light signal of road traffic is used, it is noticed immediately."back
- The red all-round light is within Europe only selten found on regular vehicles. At the same time it is even in some countries like Germany and Austria verboten. However, it is found on Alarm systems or on Aviation obstacles like for example Skyscrapers. It is also used to secure wind turbines, level crossings and as emergency lighting.
- In the Anglo-American region and parts of Eastern Europe, they are combined with Blue light used to mark emergency vehicles. In Austria and partly in Germany, red RKLs are used Large-scale operations used to the Operations management to be marked. Emergency vehicles can find the line or the area and approach it. It is important that this beacon only when stationary may be used."back
- There are green RKLs in public road traffic in Germany and Austria verboten. However, this color also occurs when it comes to vehicles mark.
- Fire brigade's respiratory protection assembly point and operations management in Bavaria
- technical operations management in Schleswig-Holstein (for the rescue service) Green lights are usually not fix assembled. They are carried along and on the roof of the vehicle by the organizational head of operations assembled. Green RKL is also known in some states as a Courtesy light used for the voluntary fire brigade. In this way, other road traffic participants are informed that the emergency services is in use. Although the lights mostly no Special rights or right of way will be granted to the volunteers Cooperation the road user set. In states like Texas or Utah, the green RKL is also used to denote the Operations management to be marked, similar to Bavaria and Austria."back
Different types of lights
In addition to different colors, the rotating beacon also shows different types of light placed.
- The rotating mirror light has a fixed light bulb / LED and one rotating reflector. Usually it is at one resting light source attached, which is located in the middle of the RKL. The parabolic reflector rotates around a large part of the lamp. This directs the light in the respective direction of radiation and at the same time amplifies it. The constant rotation creates the familiar Flashing light effect. The rotating mirror light is driven in different ways, for example by Belt or a Gear. In some cases, the light bulb will also rotate together with the reflector. In this case, the power supply is established via a sliding contact. They serve as warning lights on systems or machines, but is also used for marking Dangerous situations used. Also as Special signal it is used in road traffic or for demonstration purposes."back
- The strobe light is one Blue Light bar, the one with Trough parabolic mirror flashers (Gutter parabolic mirror speed camera) is equipped. It is considered modern and is often used instead of the rotating mirror light. The wear is lower here. This is because there are no moving parts integrated. At the same time it can by its short and high luminous flux better recognized during the day. A distinction is made between lights with one, two, three or four strobe lights. The sequence of lightning bolts is shown in different Intensities reproduced. If they are combined and flash in a prescribed order, the light appears as "running" and therefore will chaser called. They are recognized by road users faster than the individual flashlights. They exhibit hedges from construction sites to and where the route is.
- In German road traffic are exclusively Double flash lights allowed. Many models have a Fresnel lens. Often there is also one Flash tube under a hood that is fluted horizontally and vertically. This will make the Light emission angle enlarged. The Disadvantage of a flashing light is that the distance between the observer and the flashing light is difficult to estimate. This is due to the short period of lightning. That is why it is increasingly on LED strobe lights set. Their burning time depends on the lighting time of a classic rotating mirror light. Battery-operated, portable, or mains-powered flashing lights are also available on the market."back
- In northern Germany the lamp was with Lens optics widely used as a variant of the blue light. A wreath was used, consisting of eight colored cylinder lenses rotating around a light. This made the ray of light modulated. This modulation contributed to the characteristic, shimmering appearance of the 1950s. This type of blue light was used by the Hamburg fire brigade until the 1970s. The newer variant consists of plastic or glass lenses. Three lenses are always used. Unlike rotating mirror lights, they are more durable. One of the reasons for this is that they turn much slower."back
- The flashing light has a light source in the middle, which is at regular or irregular intervals flashes. They are inexpensive and widely available Machinery and Construction site barriers. Usually they emit yellow or orange light. The blinking increases awareness. At the same time, in an illuminated environment, a lesser Light output required to perceive the signal. When attached to machines, they usually indicate unusual machine conditions. But the regular operation of the machine can even be marked."back
- The warning light or hazard warning light has as a light source Dangerous situations or Hazardous conditions down. The warning light also draws attention to problems with machines.
- She's part of the Special signal, which is used by the police, rescue vehicles or the fire brigade as a blue rotating beacon or flash lamp.
- It serves as a warning signal in traffic.
- It serves as a warning light on machines and systems and indicates danger zones in the building.
- Attached to high structures, they serve to increase flight safety. According to § 53a StVZO in Germany yellow hazard warning lights of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of about 3,5 tons be carried. These usually come on flashing Lightbulbs. A Nit light is by the way a warning light for road users and is operated with batteries. It serves as a warning of danger and sends in flashing, weakly radiating light. The colors are common Red orange and White. Accident sites and other traffic hazards are protected with the warning light. They are used by aid organizations or on motorways, where yellow flash lamps or a Triblitz is used. They are brighter and therefore easier to see than normal warning lights. Warning lights in red only appear in the event of a Vollsperrung used on barriers or to secure a police or fire brigade deployment site."back
Of course that had not been the case.
tuningblog.eu has a lot of other articles on the subject of auto & tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. But also planned changes in the law, violations in road traffic, current regulations in the field of STVO or on the subject inspection we would like to inform you regularly. Everything you can find in the category "Test sites, laws, offenses, information". Following an excerpt of the last information:
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and we present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new about this post, and of course also to all other contributions.