In addition to the Full report For "normal" vehicles for renewed participation in road traffic, there is also a full report especially for classic cars. The so-called Vintage full certificate are created by specially trained specialists and are the detailed version of Short report of classic carswhich are often only required for insurance. A full report is essential so that the vehicle can take part in road traffic. What an oldtimer full appraisal contains and what should be considered when choosing the appraiser is explained below.
Vintage car certificate - content!
A comprehensive functional test of the classic is carried out during a full vintage car report. Furthermore, the full report for vintage cars also includes a test drive and an extensive inspection of the classic. The vehicle to be tested must be at least 26 years old. Full appraisals for vintage cars are carried out for both motorcycles and cars, vans or classic trucks. The report is prepared by a classic car expert. In order for the expert opinion to last, it must ONLY be drawn up by proven experts with specialist knowledge. A full report includes the vehicle condition assessment. Furthermore, the replacement value and the current market value must be determined for the necessary insurance for driving in road traffic. In order to determine the actual condition of the vehicle, all damage and defects are assessed and so-called Condition grades (from 1 to 5) awarded. The result of the tests is summarized in a so-called status report. This report also includes pictures of the classic car.
What are the main test features?
The following vehicle areas are checked for wear, wear and originality:
- Chrome or trim
- interior decoration
- Gearbox and engine
- driving behavior
- Factors that affect value
Factors that can influence the value of the classic car are, for example, those carried out later Tuning conversions and the last TÜV appointment is also important. Any existing damage and previous damage are also determined. These can influence the purchase price of the classic car extremely, because a classic car repair is often associated with high costs. The high repair costs result from the spare parts, which are difficult to obtain from classic cars and often even have to be specially manufactured.
What is needed for the report?
The expert looks at the vehicle on a lifting platform. As already mentioned, such an expert opinion is generally carried out by a trained expert. If possible, the expert will also look at the vehicle on site. The classic car must be approved for a test drive. Furthermore, it must be expected that the test date can be moved to a suitable location with a lifting platform. Experts with special knowledge carry out the assessment of classic cars over several hours. The expert usually also carries out a database search in order to determine the current vehicle value for the insurance company. Assessors for classic cars are often specialized in a specific vehicle brand, that should be considered. The evaluation and viewing of the classic car can in some cases take up to three days or more. If you need a full classic car report, you should definitely contact an expert who knows something about the respective classic car brand.
Vintage car full report - conclusion
The full report for classic cars includes, for example, the assessment of the vehicle's condition and in some cases also the vehicle's value. But it is NOT a concrete one Vintage valuation report, but is created with a view to re-registration in road traffic. The assessment of the exact vehicle value requires expert knowledge of the classic car. It should only be carried out by an experienced expert in order to be able to offer appropriate security in the end. After all, such an opinion is often the basis for vehicle pricing.
in summary the most important information:
- Full report for classic cars includes a functional test, inspection, test drive
- Vehicle must be at least 26 years old
- Cars, motorcycles, classic trucks can receive such an opinion
- Full report includes the assessment of the vehicle condition, determination of the market and replacement value (database-supported market observation), condition notes for each individual test characteristic, detailed condition report, pictures, chassis number, original engine, original transmission and also a possible purchase contract, the maintenance booklet, invoices and other documents that the Document history, are checked
- factors influencing the value of the classic car are assessed (Tuning or timeliness of the main inspection)
- Previous damage is listed
- Lift is required
- The preparation of the report takes longer than with the standardized car report
- Classic car appraisals can create a sound basis for negotiations for buying or selling
- is required for insurance as a basis for the value to be insured (some insurance companies also require a short classic car report for vehicles up to around 80.000 euros)
- recommended for high-quality vehicles or if significant investments have been made
- The market, replacement or restoration value can be determined
- PS: These optimizations can be carried out on the classic car without endangering the H license plate. (There is a lot of information on the subject of H license plates in our special)
Of course that had not been the case.
tuningblog.eu has a lot of other articles on the subject of auto & tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. But also planned changes in the law, violations in road traffic, current regulations in the field of STVO or on the subject inspection we would like to inform you regularly. Everything you can find in the category "Test sites, laws, offenses, information". Following an excerpt of the last information:
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and we present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new about this post, and of course also to all other contributions.