In the case of classic cars, the expert opinion is decisive; it decides whether the vehicle becomes an investment or remains a memento. The report is also a prerequisite for the H mark - if you don't have one, there isn't one. And only vehicles that are considered to be cultural assets that are worth preserving get that. You can find out below what criteria must be met for this. Classic for an H mark, as the name suggests, it is a H owns at the end of the license plate. The H in mark stands for historical. In general, vehicles that are older than 30 years and have been restored almost to original or expertly, the H-plate. But they have to be classified as historical. The advantage of an H-mark is, among other things, the lower tax burden. But not only because of the low tax, the H-mark is popular.
the H-mark for the Oldi
Attention, not every vehicle is allowed as a classic car. The condition has an essential influence on the report. These checkpoints should be checked before a way to the expert: Are there any technical defects on the vehicle that make the vehicle unsafe according to StVZO? If there are, how strong are the traces of use? Are existing ones appropriate? Are missing components available? Can one recognize an improper accident repair? Or have accidents not been completely resolved? Is the vehicle in the original state or in a state of the art? Authorized for issuing the report for the H-mark are officially recognized experts or test engineers of TÜV. All you need for this is as in the HU the Zulassunsbescheinidung Part I (the vehicle registration).
Requirements are made for the report to the vehicle. These requirements are specified in the guideline according to §23 StVZO. In this guide, equipment, condition, technical readiness and overall condition are checked. But what about renovations including tuning? These are recognized if they are typical and contemporary for the vehicle (or a contemporary test certificate is available) are. In fact, this means that these conditions are met if the tuning measure is completed within 10 years of the vehicle being first registered. There is more HERE, If the vehicle meets the conditions, you can register a vehicle for re-registration at the Road Traffic Office.
Apply for the H-mark
If you have received the opinion that your vehicle is a motor vehicle cultural asset, you can apply for the H license plate at the Road Traffic Office. The following information must be provided to the Admission Board: Both part I and part II registration certificate (i.e. vehicle registration document and letter). You also need the report and the TÜV report from the last general inspection. If the vehicle has not been shut down, you will also need your license plate. Current proof of an existing liability insurance. A SEPA direct debit mandate to collect vehicle tax. Official identification (ID card or passport). If you have reserved a license plate you also need a reservation confirmation. Then nothing stands in the way of the popular H license plate. (There is a lot of information on the subject of H license plates in our special)
The most important properties for an H license plate:
- The car must be at least 30 years old
- the car must be in good condition
- everything has to fit under the car too
- Cars must be roadworthy
- Import cars have to prove the first registration abroad
- there is always a main inspection (HU)
- Import vehicles receive a full acceptance
- Vehicles with patina and / or celebrity previous owners (James Dean & Co.) can also be classified as automotive cultural assets
- contemporary tuning is allowed (old brochures or photos can be an advantage during the demonstration)
- Depending on the test organization, an expert opinion costs between 150 and 200 euros (plus approx. 30 euros for new license plates and 30 euros for the license plates)
- for large-volume engines and old diesels, the flat-rate classic car tax of 191,73 euros per year is often cheaper (rather not with a small car or motorcycle)
- Classic cars with G-Kat and Euro 2 classification are cheaper without H-plates
- Classic car registration does not necessarily increase the value
- PS: These optimizations can be carried out on the classic car without endangering the H license plate.
Of course that had not happened yet!
tuningblog has countless other articles on the subject of car and auto tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. In part, we would also like to provide you with news aside from the tuning. In our category Tips, products, information & Co We have reviews of car or accessories manufacturers, new ones Tuning Wiki Terms or one or the other Leak veröffentlicht. Following an excerpt of the last articles:
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.