The motorcycle that changed the world! Hardly any other motorcycle can point to roots that go back to the beginning of the adventure movement. When Thierry Sabine organized the first Paris-Dakar rally in 1979, the Yamaha XT500 was the first choice. The indestructible single-cylinder motorcycle won the toughest race in the world in 1979 and 1980. After this impressive success, Yamaha engineers and designers developed the first Ténéré in 1983. With its large fuel tank, robust chassis with long suspension travel and a robust, high-torque motor, the XT600 Ténéré is one of the outstanding models in the history of the Yamaha brand.
Ténéré 700 & Ténéré 700 Rally Edition
She had a huge impact on the development of the adventure scene. With it, rally raid events were suddenly open to everyone who wanted to realize their dream and face the ultimate challenge on two wheels. The first Ténéré was also the first Yamaha with which adventure seekers could go on expedition trips around the world. The Ténéré has been continuously developed in its 40-year history. In 1989 the 750 cc two-cylinder engine of the Super Ténéré replaced the single cylinder, followed by the Super Ténéré with 2010 cc in 1200.
Ténéré 700 - a life without limits
In 2019, Yamaha reinvigorated the concept with the Ténéré 700, one of the most eagerly anticipated motorcycles of the decade. The 689 cc CP2 engine, which has already been extremely successful in other models, was built into a robust, new chassis with a central tubular frame and premium spring elements. A light cladding with sporty-looking quadruple LED headlights completed the rally style. With this setup, the Ténéré 700 offered a new option for a modern adventure bike.
This light, medium-sized motorcycle was fully off-road and available at an affordable price. With this concept, the Ténéré 700 immediately became a bestseller in Europe. The adventure bestseller is entering the 2022 season with several new colors. The dynamic, new Icon Blue has its origins in the factory racers and is presented with blue attachments and blue rims. Midnight Black offers a subtle, harmonious look with a completely black base and black rims.
Ténéré 700 Rally Edition - Drive the legend
The Ténéré 700 Rally Edition already offers exclusivity as standard, as there is a wide range of original Yamaha accessories. These include the Akrapovič slip-on muffler, robust engine protection, LED indicators, chain guard, radiator protector and rubber-profiled knee pads. The 2022 model in the Heritage Rally color has white attachments and Yamaha's famous red speed block graphics. The seat is in red and black and the rims are gold-colored.
Ténéré 700 equipment features:
- EU5-compliant, liquid-cooled, CP2-DOHC four-stroke engine, 689 cc
- Crankshaft with 270 ° crank pin offset for irregular firing order
- Strong linear torque of 68 Nm at 6500 rpm
- Double loop central tubular frame made of steel
- 43 mm KYB upside-down fork, adjustable, 210 mm travel
- Adjustable rear suspension with lever, 200 mm travel
- Quadruple LED headlights and LED rear light
- Front mudguard adjustable by 5 mm
- Two 282 mm wave brake discs at the front, Brembo brake calipers, ABS
- 245 mm large wave brake disc at the rear, Brembo brake caliper, ABS
- Aluminum swing arm
- Lightweight 36-spoke aluminum rims
- Butted aluminum handlebar
- Pirelli Scorpion Rally tires, 90 / 90-21 front, 150 / 70-18 rear
- Available with full engine output of 54 kW (73 PS) and with 35 kW (48 PS) for driving license class A2
Ténéré 700 Rally Edition equipment features:
- Special rally seat, two materials, Yamaha logo, 895 mm seat height
- Akrapovič slip-on silencer, carbon heat shield
- Black handlebar
- Off-road handles for more control in sand or mud
- Robust motor protection made of 4 mm thick aluminum with mounting points for tool box
- LED turn signals, 9 LEDs per turn signal
- Knee pads made of profiled rubber for better grip when driving while standing
- Chain guard made of laser-cut aluminum
- Radiator guard made of aluminum mesh prevents damage from stones being blown up
- Heritage White color scheme with red Speedblock graphics
- Red / black bench
- Gold-colored rims
- Only available with full engine output of 54 kW (73 PS) - not with 35 kW (48 PS)
Availability and price
Delivery of the Ténéré 700 and Ténéré 700 Rally Edition to German Yamaha partners will begin in December 2021. The recommended retail prices will be announced shortly.
Genuine Yamaha accessories and adventure apparel
Yamaha has developed a comprehensive range of kits and individual original accessories with which Ténéré 700 riders can easily prepare their motorcycle for the next adventure. Customers can order the kits and accessories before handing over their new motorcycle and have them fitted by a Yamaha partner. The items from the kit can also be purchased individually.
In addition to the kit components, original accessories for all versions of the Ténéré 700 are headlight protectors, a waterproof tank bag, aluminum side cases and an Akrapovič exhaust system. The extensive adventure clothing collection includes jackets and pants for women and men as well as hoodies, T-shirts, gloves and much more. The collection is constantly evolving. New items will be added during the year.
Of course, that wasn't the end of it. Our tuning magazine has countless other tuning reports in stock. And we also deal regularly with the subject of motorcycles and motorcycle tuning. Do you want to see all the articles about motorcycles and motorcycle tuning? Just click HERE and look around. Or is a small extract enough? Then take a look at the following Mopped posts.
The legend lives on: Ténéré 700 and Ténéré 700 Rally Edition 2022!
Photo credit: Yamaha
tuningblog.eu - We keep you up to date on the subject of car and motorcycle tuning and car and motorcycle styling with our magazine and present you with new tuned vehicles and motorcycles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is something new for this post and of course also to all other contributions.