Reversing cameras not only save money because at best they prevent accidents, they also save lives in some cases by giving the driver a better view of the rear. This allows the vehicle driver to be more aware of what is going on behind his vehicle. But what exactly is a reversing camera? A rear view camera is a camera that is attached to the rear of a vehicle. It allows the driver to see what is happening in the blind spot behind his vehicle, for example. Reversing cameras are important because they offer the driver more control and visuality and, especially in newer vehicles, are often already installed as standard. We tried it out directly with the Lanmodo Vast Pro Night Vision System and installed a reversing camera on our vehicle. Usually the driver can see very little or nothing at all. Which objects, obstacles or people are behind your own car? The rear view camera allows you to see exactly that.
can a reversing camera save money?
Although some drivers master reverse parking quite quickly, for others it remains a mystery forever. Judging the right distance between your car and the car behind you is a tough job for some, even after years of road experience. The number of accidents caused by these scenarios is still very high. Which in turn is a reason for the high premiums of accident insurance. However, if one invests in a rear view camera, the chance of being involved in such an accident should be significantly reduced. And fewer accidents usually mean a lower premium in terms of accident insurance. Some accident insurance companies even pay premiums for using a camera. And you save yourself only ones have a Remplators or scratches at the rear of the system has often paid off.
can a reversing camera save lives?
Every year countless accidents occur in which young children are tragically run over by their own parents. This often happens when driving backwards. These children are too young to know better and their parents do not see what is going on behind the vehicle while they are backing out or into parking spaces. Animals also often run behind cars and die in the process. A reversing camera allows you to park or park confidently and with the certainty that there is no child or animal behind your vehicle. It also gives you enough time to suddenly brake should someone or something suddenly run behind your car.
Other advantages of a reversing camera
Another advantage of a reversing camera, for example, is that it makes it much easier to attach a caravan or other trailer because the vehicle can be positioned precisely. The ergonomic advantages for your body also play a not insignificant role. Normally you would have to turn around constantly to look back. This puts a strain on your neck and your spine. A reversing camera allows you to comfortably see ahead and still keep a full overview of what is happening behind the vehicle. The other advantages of a reversing camera include, for example, if you are involved in an accident, you will have video evidence afterwards if you have installed a camera with a function for recording. This can potentially save you money in terms of potential court costs.
different possibilities for installation
- Rear view camera ex factory
- Rear view camera with special rearview mirror
- Rear view camera with wireless connection in license plate holder
- Reversing camera to attach to the rear of the vehicle
- More information is available in our Tutorial contribution to the installation of a rear view camera!
PS. The so-called side view cameras for the front are also extremely practical. They are also available for retrofitting. With these cameras you can see your surroundings at the front right and left higher up the main headlights. And then there would be combination systems, for example even one Night vision function and bring an integrated rear view camera. We hope that you the info report on the topic / term Backup camera (further names / keywords: Backup Monitor, Night Vision Camera Kit, Radio Car Camera, Rear View Camera, Under Camera, License Plate Camera) has fallen out of the field of autotuning. Our goal is that the largest German-language tuning dictionary (Tuning Wikipedia) and to explain tuning terms from A to Z easily and understandably. Almost every day we expand this lexicon and how far we are, you can HERE see. Soon the next one will be Tuning scene concept be illuminated by us. Incidentally, you will be informed about new topics if you have ours Feed subscribe to.
In summary, a few more information and options:
- Rear view camera for retrofitting is suitable for used and new cars
- cheap systems start at under 100 Euro
- the costs for original rear-view cameras from the manufacturer, depending on the model and workload, up to 1.000 Euro be
- What should the camera bring?
- the camera should have a good image quality (preferably colored)
- the wide-angle camera should cover a wide area (at least 120 degrees or more)
- Large vehicles should possibly use multiple cameras
- the camera should show little distortion
- The camera should have night vision
- The camera should have a certification mark (ECE certification mark)
- Advantages are:
- Maneuvering is simplified
- small objects are more visible
- Obstacles are better assessed
- blind spot becomes smaller
- Trailer coupling is visible
- Accidents when reversing or parking can be avoided
- there are different ways to retrofit a reversing camera
- System 1 by means of a special rearview mirror that acts as a monitor (with touchscreen, the system often brings a dashcam, vehicles with CAN bus can output error messages when the power for the system is tapped)
- System 2 by means of a reversing camera with radio connection (the reversing light cable is tapped to supply the camera with power, the monitor is activated when the reverse gear is engaged, the system does not distract when driving in traffic, the monitor in the cockpit is activated by means of a cigarette lighter)
Below are a few examples from our tuning lexicon:
But of course tuningblog has countless other articles on the subject of cars & car tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. But we also want to provide you with news outside the tuning. In our category Tips, products, information & Co we pick up contributions from car or accessory manufacturers. And also our category Test sites, laws, offenses, information has almost daily new information for you. Here are a few topics from our tuning wiki:
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.