A coilover kit is a chassis that is used on motorcycles or cars. The feature of the coilover kit is to change the ground clearance of the vehicle. In the motocross sector, coilovers have been around for decades.
How do you explain the term coilover / bolted chassis!
At the beginning of the 90s, coilovers / screw-type suspensions found their way to us and into road cars. The selected target group are the tuners! Coilovers are also used in motorsport, but the market share is negligible. In the case of the coilover kit, the ground clearance of the vehicle can be changed by threading the strut with lock nuts. The setting can be made almost at will. If you value something professional, you can order a coilover kit where you can adjust the tension and compression levels and the spring base. The vehicle's pitching or rolling behavior / traction can thus be improved.
There are the following variants of coilover kits / screwing kits:
- Front axle including thread, rear axle cannot be adjusted (Formula K Streetline or Lowtec G90)
- Front axle including thread, rear axle also with thread, without pre-tensioning spring, has the advantage that the spring travel always remains the same when adjusting the height (Lowtec HiLOW 91/92/93, D2, K-Sport)
- Front axle including thread, rear axle also with thread (Formula K Racingline, FK HighSport, KW variant 1 "inox line", Lowtec G90)
Front axle including thread and adjustable spring base, rear axle also with thread (H&R thread)
- Front axle including thread and adjustable spring base, rear axle including thread and also with adjustable spring base (KW variant 2 "inox line")
Front and rear axle including thread and adjustable spring base and compression and rebound
(KW variant 3, Bilstein PSS9)
- "Clubsport" coilovers perfect for the Nürburgring Nordschleife, tourist trips and race tracks etc.
- "Competition" racing coilover kits intended for national and international racing use
- "Street Comfort" coilovers suitable for individual lowering (5 to 45 mm) with the highest possible comfort of the vehicle
- KW Quad coilovers designed for quads or ATVs (All Terrain Vehicles) including adjustable compression and rebound damping