VCDS, also known as VAG-COM, is a diagnostic system that is based on Windows and is used to diagnose and set cars from Volkswagen AG. Volkswagen AG passenger vehicles include Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bugatti and Audi. The software can also be used for cars from cooperation partners of the brands mentioned, such as for the Bentley Continental GT or a Porsche 911. The components from the VAG kit are used by the car manufacturers in the vehicles. The software is produced by Ross-Tech, constantly updated and maintained. As the software is updated, more and more car models are added to the database. The first beta version was released and released in 2000. Ross-Tech even launched a free version of the software. However, it is only suitable for older car models because there is no support from the CAN bus.
VCDS primarily includes the functions of VAG's own diagnostic devices that are manufacturer-specific. The diagnostic devices are VAG 1551/1552 and VAS 5051/5052/5053, except for the software update of the control devices and the guided function / troubleshooting. With the support of CAN bus, current vehicles are also supported. The software enables access to the individual control units installed in the vehicle using a graphical user interface. The error codes are decoded and their meaning displayed on the screen. In addition, reading and deleting the error codes, reading the individual measured values, basic settings (for example to activate test routines), Final control diagnosis (to activate outputs for the function test) coding and adaptation with VCDS possible. Different auxiliary programs are included, such as a program for displaying and checking the dynamic start of injection for TDI engines with a distributor injection pump.
Advantages of the VCDS system
VCDS offers a wide range of functions with which numerous diagnostic work can be carried out quickly and easily on the vehicle. A huge number of error codes and their explanation / diagnosis / remedy are supported by VCDS. VCDS is suitable for private customers as well as for workshops, especially with regard to the price-performance ratio. Updates to the VCDS system are also free of charge. The autoscan, which is available in VCDS, offers a list and documentation of the status of installed control units. With a self-explanatory assistant, the software supports checking or changing the coding of the built-in control units. This makes working with VCDS particularly easy. The adjustments made to the control units are written down in VCDS so that the work steps can be traced and corrected. The access authorization codes for adjustment changes as well as coding are displayed immediately and are immediately available. Measurement values recorded with the software can be displayed graphically in diagrams. You can also compare the measured values with the setpoints because the setpoints are stored in the system. In this way you can check whether the measured values are within the tolerable range or not. It is also possible to read out engine errors and measured values in numerous vehicles that do not belong to the VW group. PS. By the way, we offer a VCDS service in the 083… area in Saxony.
countless possibilities with VCDS
We hope that you the info report on the topic / term VCDS (further names / keywords: VAG-COM Diagnostic System, VAG Tuning Diagnostic System, Volkswagen and Audi Group Tuning Diagnostic System, Volkswagen Audi Group Tuning Diagnostic System, VCDS HEX-V2, VCDS V2) from the field of autotuning. Our goal is that the largest German-language tuning dictionary (Tuning Wikipedia) and to explain tuning terms from A to Z easily and understandably. Almost every day we expand this lexicon and how far we are, you can HERE see. Soon the next one will be Tuning scene concept be illuminated by us. By the way, you will be informed about new topics if you have ours Feed subscribe to.
in summary everything about VCDS:
- VCDS offers a huge range of functions for diagnostic work
- Reading and displaying are shown in plain text
- VCDS can also be used to read out new vehicles
- Starting price for private users as well as workshops
- Updates are free
- Diagnostic interface offers free support via various channels
- Interfaces such as HEX-CAN USB or AI Multiscan can be bought used
- HEX-V2 / HEX-NET supports all vehicles of the VW group
- Compared to HEX-V2, HEX-NET can also be operated wirelessly via WLAN (both interface variants are available in a professional variant or enthusiast / hobby variant)
- HEX-CAN USB & ai Multiscan USB + CAN are discontinued models (Vehicles younger than approx. 2015 can therefore only be diagnosed and coded inadequately)
- VCDS without VIN can:
- Create auto-scans
- View / delete fault memory
- View measured values / measured value blocks
- Create ECU images (Adpmaps)
- With FIN, VCDS can:
- Adjustments - make basic settings
- Make coding
- Change the gateway installation list
- Enter access authorizations
- Perform actuator diagnostics
- Set readiness of the engine control unit
- Reset service interfall
- Make changes to the transport mode
- VCDS Autoscan allows listing and documentation of the status of all control units
- Checking or changing the coding is supported by self-explanatory wizards
- Any adjustments made to control units are recorded
- Access authorization codes for coding and adjustment changes are displayed
- Measured values can be shown graphically in diagrams
- Comparison with target values possible
- many vehicles that do not belong to the VW group can be read out
The following instructions / tutorials should explain the basic knowledge of VCDS:
VCDS basic knowledge / the basics
VCDS - installation and activation
VCDS Tutorial | So you code correctly!
Below are a few examples from our tuning lexicon:
But of course tuningblog has countless other articles on the subject of cars & car tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. We would also like to provide you with news aside from the tuning. In our category Tips, products, information & Co we pick up contributions from car or accessory manufacturers. And also our category Test sites, laws, offenses, information has almost daily new information for you. Here are a few topics from our tuning wiki:
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and we present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new about this post, and of course also to all other contributions.