The results are clear. After an innovative crowdsourcing experiment in the field of co-determined vehicle design, Ford today presented the winning specification of the new Puma ST Gold Edition model, which can be ordered in limited numbers from the end of this year. Ford fans cast almost 10 votes within 275.000 days through polls on the company's Twitter and Instagram channels to help design the exclusive vehicle. Participants voted to select numerous design features, including the exterior paintwork and the coloring of components such as the brake calipers. The name of the new edition was also determined by the community.
Ford Puma ST Gold Edition!
As a result of the voting, the first Ford Performance model with crowd-sourced design will have the following features and properties:
- Exterior paintwork in black (56 percent of the votes, the loser was gray)
- Brake calipers in red (74 percent, fewest votes for black)
- Seat belt seams in gray (87 percent, fewest votes for black)
- Special exterior stickers (74 percent, fewest votes for stripes)
- ST badge (79 percent, fewest votes for option without badge)
- Puma door sill trims (53 percent, fewest votes for performance trims)
- ST name badge (55 percent, fewest votes for simple Puma name badge)
- Name Puma ST Gold Edition (59 percent, fewest votes for Puma ST 24K Edition)
The surveys were collected from individual European markets in addition to the Ford of Europe channels before all results were evaluated centrally.
“In order to create something very special for our loyal performance fans, we have chosen a future-oriented approach to designing the Ford Puma ST Gold Edition, together with the community. The number of votes cast shows how excited our customers are - and that they have great taste, ”said Amko Leenarts, Director, Design, Ford of Europe. "It's all about the details, and with this special edition our fans have configured a really coveted product".
The Ford Puma ST was launched in late 2020 and is at the top of the Puma product line. Thanks to its modern 1,5-liter EcoBoost engine and a peak output of 147 kW (200 hp), the first European performance crossover SUV from Ford accelerates to 6,7 km / h in just 100 seconds. Its sport technologies include selectable driving modes such as "Normal", "Eco", "Sport" and "Racetrack" as well as a limited-slip differential that is unique in its segment, patented force vectoring springs and steering and damper specifications for optimum cornering behavior.
Just last year, Ford and the Fordzilla team presented the P1 gamer vehicle, which was also developed in collaboration between the designers and the gaming community. Almost 250.000 fans voted on Twitter to choose elements such as seating position, cockpit style and powertrain to create the ultimate virtual racing car. The final design was even made as a real-life, full-size replica. Summary information:
- Ford announces the product name and winning specification of the new Ford Puma ST Gold Edition with key design features selected by fans and enthusiasts through a series of online surveys conducted across Europe
- More than a quarter of a million votes cast on Ford's Twitter and Instagram channels decided on design details such as the black exterior color, special decorative styling and red brake calipers
- The exclusive Ford Puma ST Gold Edition will be produced in limited numbers; delivery will begin towards the end of this year
Don't worry, of course that was far from being the case when it came to auto / auto tuning. Our magazine still has tens of thousands other tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Then just click HERE and look around. Or are you particularly interested in everything to do with the manufacturer Ford? Then the following excerpt with other vehicles is definitely the right one.
tuningblog.eu - on the subject of cars, motorcycles, bikes / ATV / scooters & Co., and of course our passion, the Tuning, we keep you up to date and report daily on cool vehicles from all over the world. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is a new post.