Danger! There is a "Update " the new information (pictures, video, technical data, similarly modified vehicle, etc.) contains. You will find the new info at the end of the article!
Sidney Hoffmann and his guys around the Sidney Industries team and the foil professionals from Check Matt Dortmund have published a joint project that we absolutely have to show you. For the tuning, a VW Golf VII GTI was used as the base vehicle, which was also in connection with the built-in Rocket Bunny Bodykit by Pandem that we had a few days ago Preview The world's first 7 Series Golf of this type was already allowed to virtually inspect, because if at all the body kits are only available for the five-door but not for the three-door. After the tuning cure that the GTI was allowed to endure, it is now much more exciting, more individual and also more dynamic than the production version and looks almost twice as wide as the series, which should probably make the special appeal. If you are thinking of buying a VW Golf VII GTI in the future or already own one, Sidney Industries is definitely an interesting starting point when it comes to differentiating the vehicle from the production model. As for the changes made to the optics or the technology, we have already been able to find out the first details. As usual, we have listed what we know below in a summary. If you discover any further changes that we haven't listed, just use the comment box and let us know!
(Photos: Check Matt Dortmund)
These are the details of the vehicle:
- Construction time: seven days
- Base: VW Golf VII three-door
- Rocket-Bunny-Breitbau-Bodykit prototype (costs possibly around the 4500 Euro)
- Fender flares all around - front +45 millimeters and rear +55 millimeters wider than the series, specially adapted from the five-door to the three-door, front spoiler, roof edge spoiler
- Drop center rims by Schmidt-Felgen (custom-made for wide construction with red rim star) - an estimated 20 inches
- KW coilover suspension for lowering (KW Clubsport 2-way coilover suspension with shock absorbers independently adjustable in compression and rebound)
- matt gray foiling, roof in checked design (by Check Matt Dortmund)
- possibly a performance increase - (chip tuning, tuning box, compressor or turbo conversion, NOS etc. - info is pending)
- possibly a sports exhaust system
Update from "05.08.2016/XNUMX/XNUMX"
As already mentioned at the beginning of the article, we have some new information about the extra-wide VW Golf GTI from Sidney Industries, Have fun with the new pictures!
- new style presented at Tuning World Bodensee 2016
- Force79 downpipe
- Stainless steel exhaust system with flap control
- Chiptuning on 265PS
- Alloy wheels type 326 Power Wheels (9,5 and 12 x 19 inches)
- Toyo R888 Semislicks
Update from "27.08.2016/XNUMX/XNUMX"
And once again we have news for you, and quite important as we think. A good year after the presentation, the MK7 received its official TÜV approval. That means the Rocket Bunny Bodykit is finally street legal and the price is also known. For a mere 10.000 euros, including assembly, the tuner screws the body kit, which was originally developed for a five-door model, onto the three-door counterpart and adapts it accordingly. Well then we can start ...
Maybe there will soon be an update with information and pictures. If this is the case we will of course also put it online and inform you about it.
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day.
Note: We ask for your understanding if not all tuning details are optimally translated. Sometimes we receive the information about the vehicles in a wide variety of national languages and we have our dear need to conjure up something understandable from it. We are always grateful for corrections, so don't be afraid to share them. It's best if you subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.
Maybe you also want to read a report from other car brands? Apart from the above manufacturer, you'll wonder what vehicles these days coilovers, alloy wheels, Chiptuning and the craziest foiling built in & attached. Take a look at the following manufacturers: ALFAROMEO, ALPINA, AUDI, BMW, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, CHRYSLER, CITROËN, DACIA, DAEWOO, DODGE, FIAT, FORD, HONDA, HYUNDAI, INFINITI, ISUZU, JAGUAR, JEEP, KIA, LANCIA , LANDROVER, LEXUS, MASERATI, MAZDA, MERCEDES, MINI, MITSUBISHI, NISSAN, OPEL, PEUGEOT, PORSCHE, RENAULT, SAAB, SEAT, SKODA, SMART, SUBARU, SUZUKI, TATA, TOYOTA, VAUXHALL, VOLVO, VW and ALL others.