Reading time 5 Minutes
One can hardly believe it but Dodge has with the Challenger SRT "Demon" undertook to screw the power screw of the 6,2 liter V8 compressor from the Hellcat again. As is well known, the Hellcat variant delivers a whopping 707 PS & 880 NM torque and has been the absolute supercar from America since 2014! But the hell kitten is now fur, for the 2018 model year the Fiat-Chrysler Group has announced the return of the Demon label. Exact data are not yet available but 770 PS & over 900 NM torque should be! And that ex works ... But not only more performance should make the difference, but also a significantly lower overall weight.
⚠ Chasing a record at 217 mph ➡ klick
Compared to its predecessor, the Demon should namely slimming stately 90 kg. But you still have to be patient, because the Demon will celebrate its premiere at the upcoming New York Auto Show. Little downer, definitely the vehicle will be a single-seater and thus probably more suitable for the race track. But even before the official presentation, it gets damn uncomfortable for the demon. The American tuner Hennessey performance namely presented the days the ultimate opponent of every demon (demon) - the Exorcist!
Don't worry, this is not supposed to be the introduction to another horror film directed by "William Friedkin", Hennessey only calls his new masterpiece like that in relation to the Demon. The basis is the current 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 with standard 659 PS & 881 NM torque and 10-speed automatic transmission. Even the production model is able to accelerate from 4-0 km / h in under 100 seconds and reach a top speed of 318 km / h. After an increase in performance 1.000 PS & 1.309 NM Torque, however, these values are history and are easily surpassed. From 0-96 km / h it now takes 3 seconds and the quarter mile should be done in under 10 seconds. In order to achieve this enormous leap in performance, a lot of changes such as a completely new compressor, a modified charge air cooling system, revised cylinder heads, camshafts, manifolds, chip tuning, etc.
Ultimately, the ZL1 pushes the performance of a Bugatti Veyron to the rear wheels and brings the 20 inch rims with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires (optional 315 / 30-20 Nitto Drag tires) to despair in almost every gear. Hennessey states that it only wants to produce 100 vehicles per model year and whoever wants can place an order directly with the local Chevrolet dealer. Of course, a conversion is also possible on site at Hennessey Performance. The conversion costs amount to around $ 55.000 and if you consider that the ZL1 starts at around € 56.000, a total price of something around € 100.000 is almost ridiculous, there isn't even a 560PS Audi RS6 or BMW M5 for that . If we get more information about the modifications to the ZL1, there will of course, as always, be an update for this report. The best thing to do is subscribe to our feed and if there is something new you will be informed immediately. We hope you enjoy looking at the pictures.
(Photos: Hennessey performance)
These are the changes to the Chevrolet Camaro:
- Name: THE EXORCIST TM
- Base: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- 1000 PS @ 6.400 rpm and 1309 NM torque @ 4.400 rpm.
- larger compressor
- new intercooler system
- 14 psi boost pressure
- revised cylinder heads, camshafts, manifolds, high flow air intake system, chip tuning
- 0-60 mp / h in under 3 seconds
- ¼ mile in under 10 seconds
- Rebuilding costs 55.000 dollars
- 2 Years / 24.000 Mile Warranty
- 20 inch Hennessey rims with 315 / 30-20 Nitto drag tires
- Optional Road Race Pack with 20 inch Hennessey rims including Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires
- limited to 100 pieces per model year
- The Exorcist lettering in red about the vehicle
- darkened / tinted windows
- Sports exhaust system
We still have many thousands more tuning reports on tuningblog.eu, if you wanted to see an excerpt then just click HERE, And also from Hennessey Performance we have some other vehicles, following a small excerpt:
1.000PS & suitable for everyday use
News from 21.02.2018
The team from Hennessey Performance did a few days ago Hennessey Exorcist Camaro ZL1 Sent to a high speed oval and shown what performance the Camaro is capable of. The 1.000 PS Monster of the Texas tuner was allowed to flex on the Continental high-speed oval and finally flew through the photoelectric barrier at a top speed of 217 miles per hour (349 km / h). Already we are curious if Hennessey the planned Dodge Challenger Demon HPE1500 will bring and what this is then able to do. Have fun with the video!
also suitable for newer vehicles from 2020
- 1000 bhp @ 6,500 rpm
- 883 lb-ft torque @ 4,500 rpm
- 0-60 mph: 2.1 sec.
- 1/4 mile: 9.57 @ 147 mph
- Top speed: 217 mph
- THE EXORCIST UPGRADE INCLUDES:
- 2.9L Supercharger upgrade
- High-Flow Air Induction System
- Upgrade Billet Throttle Body
- Custom HPE Camshaft
- Ported cylinder heads
- Auxiliary Fuel System Upgrade
- Upgraded Valve Springs and Retainers
- Upgraded intake valves & exhaust valves
- Upgraded Lifters and Pushrods
- Oversized Heat Exchanger Upgrade
- Long-Tube Stainless Steel Headers
- High-flow catalytic converters
- All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
- Professional installation
- HPE Engine Management Calibration
- Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
- Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
- Hennessey & Exorcist Exterior Badging
- Hennessey Premium Floormats
- 2 Year / 24,000 Mile Limited Warranty
- OPTIONAL UPGRADES:
- 20 inch rear drag radial tires
- Hennessey H10 Monoblock Wheel Upgrade
- Automatic transmission upgrade
- Track Tool Kit
There may be an update with information and pictures soon. If this is the case, we will of course also put it online and inform you about it.
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and we present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day.
It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new about this post, and of course also to all other contributions.