Now it gets violent! The Team of HGP Turbo retrofit is known at the latest with the 740 PS Golf 7 R3.6 L Bi-Turbo and not weaker MK6 predecessor climbed into the Olympus car tuner. But what they have now put on their feet is even the About Golf in the shade. You could make it short and say that over 700 PS strong 3.6 liter twin-turbo engine is now sitting in a converted T5 bus. But that would not be worthy of this project. The conversion is much more than just a simple engine replacement because the entire T5 is just different. MotorOli.de had the enviable pleasure of being able to move the vehicle and of course you will find the video including CarPorn from him below.
But now to the bus. It is not a T6 but a Volkswagen T5 "Business" 4Motion which has been individualized with extensive technical modifications and optically perfectly adapted to the T6. The 3.6 biturbo engine is minimally weakened and, according to HGP, still delivers "a good 700 PS & 925 Nm torque"! Of course, everything has been adapted to the exorbitant leap in performance so that the bus is now equipped with a fully adjustable KW coilover kit and send 20 inches OZ Racing Alloy wheels is equipped. In addition there is a huge brake system with perforated ceramic brake discs which, considering 2,5 t empty weight, is of course anything but unwarranted.
We do not know the dimensions of the pizza plate-sized brake discs, but it is very likely that it is 380-400 mm. That this is necessary shows only the speedometer video, where you can see that at a speed of 250 km / h the AUDI RS3 S tronic DQ500 gearbox comfortably engages the next gear but the speedometer capitulates. Of course, everything is underpinned by a powerful sounding sports exhaust system in the typically centrally arranged Golf R style and the look of the bus is also impressive. The vehicle is a one-off from Car dealership northeast Berlin specializing in customizing VW commercial vehicles. This is recognizable in the interior because everything here is custom and adapted to the noble look on the outside.
While tons of leather, a Dynaudio sound system, a table and lots of Alcantara dominate the inside, the outside is particularly the two-tone paintwork with the subtle 3.6 biturbo lettering as well as the already mentioned aluminum rims and many small details such as modified exterior mirrors or the T6 headlights that make the T5 so phenomenal look and become a unique piece. The HGP T6 “Business” 3.6 biturbo 4Motion has a vehicle value of at least € 250.000 and, as already mentioned, is an absolute one Unique, But for one or the other euro we HGP probably also another T5 to the 700 PS bus convert, there we are sure.
These are the changes to the VW T5 bus:
- new exterior mirrors (possibly from the Audi Q7, with side indicators)
- 3.6 L bi-turbo engine with new turbos, chip tuning (modified engine control unit), etc.
- good 700 PS & 925 Nm torque
- fully adjustable KW coilover suspension
- 20 inch OZ Racing alloy wheels
- Brake system with perforated ceramic brake discs (400 mm 6-piston brake system on the front axle, 355 mm brake system on the rear axle)
- AUDI RS3 S tronic DQ500 transmission
- stronger DSG 8-disc clutch
- R36 style sports exhaust system - stainless steel exhaust system 2x70mm to 1x88mm (tailpipes optional middle pipe optics)
- Autohaus Nordost Berlin interior (leather, Dynaudio sound system, table, Alcantara etc.)
- two-tone paint with 3.6 biturbo lettering
- T6 headlights and taillights
- darkened / tinted rear windows
- Cast nickel 2x exhaust manifold
- 2 HGP R28 turbochargers (milled compressor wheels)
- Compression reduction by means of a steel intermediate plate, piston machining and combustion chamber machining
- Double exhaust pipes
- Cast aluminum suction pipe with more volume and with additional MPI nozzles
- Charge air cooling with water heat exchanger
- Silicone suction u. Pressure hoses
- revised FSI high pressure pump
- further fuel system
- DSG software changed
- Boost pressure, oil temperature, digital speed display built into the original speedometer instrument
- Change in vehicle electrics (engine wiring harness)
- TÜV registration
- Vehicle value of at least 250.000 €
You want to see more cars from HGP? Then click here for the complete overview or just click in the following posts. Certainly just the right car for you.
+700 PS & 925 NM torque
We are sure that we will receive a little more information and definitely new pictures and videos of the vehicle from above in the next few weeks. As soon as this is the case, we will of course add to the article and inform you about it.
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day.
It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.