Reading time 4 Minutes
The cylinders of a boxer BMW are naturally predestined to be damaged if they fall over or slip. The spectrum ranges from annoying scratches to grinding through the valve cover. Since the valve covers are only mounted in a non-positive manner, there is a risk that they will move relative to the cylinder head when any force is applied and that the valve drive or the fastening threads may be affected. Sufficient reasons for attaching special importance to the protection of valve covers and cylinders. The BMW experts at Wunderlich have the right protectors for all Boxer model series, including the R nineT.
Valve cover & cylinder protectors
The Wunderlich valve cover and cylinder protectors are characterized by the fact that they fit precisely to the valve cover with a narrow gap. This requires precise production. The protector is made of high-strength aluminum. Its protective component stiffness results from the three-dimensional folded shape and the generous component thickness of 3 mm. The Wunderlich developers have structurally integrated a high-temperature-resistant, shock-absorbing material on the inside. When external forces occur, it ensures that they are evenly absorbed and distributed over the three solid attachment points on each side in order to avoid force peaks. The whole thing is rounded off by a 16 mm thick, integrated sanding pad.
easily exchangeable and serves as protection
It is easily replaceable and serves as a protection to prevent the valve cover from being dragged through and the inevitably associated oil loss. In many cases, they allow you to continue your journey unhindered. Wunderlich supplies a set consisting of the protectors for the right and left side as well as the necessary fastening material. The protectors are Made in Germany. Wunderlich points out that the valve cover & cylinder protectors are compatible with the standard BMW Euro 5 valve covers. Installation on option 719 valve covers is not possible for technical reasons.
At a glance:
- Item: 36610-002 - Wunderlich valve cover & cylinder protectors - Euro 5 - black
- Reliable protection of the valve cover against the consequences of falling over, slipping or scratching
- Reduces or avoids the risk of expensive consequential damage
- In many cases, they allow you to continue your journey unhindered
- Precisely manufactured, precise contours with a small gap
- Reduces or avoids the risk of damaging the valve train or the threads in the cylinder head
- 16 mm thick, integrated, replaceable sanding pad, as protection against grinding through the valve cover
- Avoidance of force peaks by evenly distributing occurring forces on three solid attachment points on each side
- Constructively integrated, shock-absorbing segments
- Integrated design
- Protector for the right and left side, including assembly kit
- Aluminum, high-strength, precisely manufactured, high-quality workmanship with integrated shock-absorbing segments, hard anodized in black, replaceable sanding pad insert as wear protection
- Material thickness of the aluminum: 3 mm
- Sanding pad: 16 mm
The price: The price is 339,00 euros. The valve cover and cylinder protectors for the R nineT Euro 5 models will be available from mid-October 2021.
Of course, that wasn't the end of it. Our tuning magazine has countless other tuning reports in stock. And we also deal regularly with the subject of motorcycles and motorcycle tuning. Do you want to see all the articles about motorcycles and motorcycle tuning? Just click HERE and look around. Or is a small extract enough? Then take a look at the following 3 posts.
Valve cover and cylinder protectors for the BMW R nineT (Euro 5)
Photo credit: Wunderlich
tuningblog.eu - We keep you up to date on the subject of car and motorcycle tuning and car and motorcycle styling with our magazine and present you with new tuned vehicles and motorcycles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and you will be automatically informed as soon as there is something new for this post and of course also to all other contributions.