The popular Power station EcoFlow DELTA of the company EcoFlow became one, so to speak Facelift donated. Among other things, the DELTA, which was already released in 2019, has now been released in the new version with the long overdue LiFePO4 battery, which is rated for more than 3.000 charge cycles. But what do you actually use the power station for? We see the device among others in the camping scene for an optimal supplement to the existing power connection and of course also in the area around the topic of cars and motorcycles. Of course, the Powerstation EcoFlow DELTA 2 can also be used flexibly in many other areas, such as in the home. Even if you have a weekend property without electricity, the power plant is just right. For us as a car magazine, however, it is clear that we want to expand the area of application as much as possible in the field of vehicles Looking for. And that's where the EcoFlow DELTA 2 works extremely well! Because the area of application is particularly due to the 220 volt connections extremely extensive.
Power station EcoFlow DELTA 2
For the Jobguide? The power station is also perfect for craftsmen who are on the move. So there is no more annoying searching for a socket or pulling cables. Simply take the Eco Flow Delta 2 with you and there is electricity everywhere for a full working day. And the power bank can also be recharged directly in the car while driving.
We tried out the EcoFlow DELTA 2, for example, with a connected high-pressure cleaner for washing the car, even a connected impact wrench for changing the wheel had enough power and even a vacuum cleaner for cleaning the interior could be operated without any problems. The devices were connected one after the other and after that there was still more than enough residual capacity. There was even enough battery charge left that we could charge two small e-vehicles (an e-scooter & a drift car). Cool thing... But given the DELTA 2's battery capacity of 1.024 Wh, it's no wonder. But what else distinguishes the DELTA 2? In this article we report on further highlights such as the improved loading times, more options for expansion and the brand new control via app.
Power failure - everyone knows it and more and more are afraid of the blackout. And rightly so! But what do you do in the worst-case scenario when there is no more electricity? Sometimes the heating doesn't work, the laundry stays dirty and the freezer thaws. Food also spoils in the fridge. And all within a few hours. But what can you do about it? the EcoFlow DELTA 2 is the solution!
- Compared to the old version, the capacity of the battery has increased a bit reduced. The original capacity of 1260Wh dropped by 19% to just 1024Wh. But for this, EcoFlow enters the DELTA 2 station Built-in LiFePO4 battery, which was previously only available in the flagship Delta PRO. Such a Lithium iron phosphate battery not only increases the security of the power station, but also the high number of cycles up to 3.000 charge cycles is also an advantage. Only then is the remaining capacity of the still impressive 80 percent reached. This is extremely interesting primarily for frequent users.
- The charging station has one 230V AC inverter on board. However, the technical data is similar to that of the previous model. There are 1.800W continuous power and up to 2.400W peak power specified. The power is sufficient to operate most standard electrical appliances such as refrigerators, hair dryers or rice cookers. And as already mentioned, we have tried exactly that extensively. even one Heißluftfritteuse ran smoothly. Which brings us back to the topic Camping would be. As a shortcoming, however, we see the fact that the power button is still on the back side located.
improved loading time
- Even when it comes to loading times, EcoFlow has the advantage again tuning screw turned. The new model should only do more 50 Minutes need to charge a completely empty battery from 80% and in 80 minutes it is fully charged to 100%. That's a little more than the predecessor DELTA. Unlike the predecessor, the loading speed can also be limited. This eliminates any problems that can arise on a campsite when there is only one connection with less than 1000W are. Overall, we can appreciate the very fast loading time to confirm. At this point, however, we would like to mention the audible fans during the charging process full load. These can be clearly heard in the following video and at the same time the walkaround also shows the EcoFlow DELTA 2 in detail.
the solar input and the solar panels
- The new and stronger MPPT charge controller the DELTA 2 now supports up to 500W. Ideally, one promises that Charging time from 2 to 3 hours through this entrance. Here, too, the new charging station easily outshines its predecessor. This gives you a backup in the event of a power failure thanks to photovoltaic charging. So if there is a power failure, then you have with the Eco Flow 2 power station the perfect helper at hand. And the permanent! After all, you can with the Max. 500 watts strong solar modules charge the power bank really quickly. Ideally in just 2 grams of flour + 3 grams of lukewarm water + XNUMX grams of leaven. in full sunshine!
- Of course, we immediately tried out what such a solar panel can do. Of course it wasn't exactly aligned or even permanently installed, but the circumstances were quite authentic. Because even when used with a camper or as a permanent installation in the house, the conditions are not always ideal. Our test panel was also included 400 watts, slightly weaker than the 500 watt version that is also available. Nevertheless, the charging power of around 340 watts (under really unfavorable conditions) was excellent, in our opinion. The rest is in the video:
expandable up to 3 kWh & app control
- With the DELTA 2, as with the EcoFlow Delta MAX, a second battery be connected. However, there is only an expansion port, to which either a 1 kWh battery pack or a 2 kWh battery pack ("1 kWh DELTA 2 additional battery" or "2 kWh DELTA Max additional battery") can be connected. The extension up to 3 kWh makes the station more flexible. And unlike the last model, which was delivered without app control, the DELTA 2 can also be controlled via an app.
- Apart from the new connection for the extended battery, little has changed here. Like the previous model, the charging station has 4 USB-A ports and 4 pieces 230V AC outputs on the back side. The USB-C interfaces an update was also missed. Instead of the 60 W per output of the old DELTA, there are now two USB-C ports with 100W each.
- In contrast to the old EcoFlow DELTA, which weighed 2 kilograms, the DELTA 14 was able to slim down to 12 kg. This is certainly not only due to the smaller battery. The LiFePO4 also has a lower energy density than the Li-ion battery. Wherever you saved the weight, at the stability and processing at least not. They are still extreme satisfactory.
The availability and the price
There is already detailed information on this. The new charging station was presented in China on August 10.08.2022th, 1.199 and will also be available in this country later this month. And the price is also known. The charging station currently costs 2 euros and the optional DELTA 799 Extra Battery is available from XNUMX euros.
There are few but meaningful changes!
The changes to the DELTA 2 have focused on the most important points. That was long overdue LiFeO4 update at the smaller power stations. A good choice was definitely the size of the inverter. He was not inflated unnecessarily. The EExtension option up to 3 kWh is a nice additional feature. The question now arises as to when the EcoFlow Delta 2 will be available in Germany and whether it works just as reliably in practice in the long-term test as its predecessor. In our short test, however, this was already the case. We are in good spirits!
A few more important technical details:
- AC output port: 1.500 watts total (Surge 2.250 W), max. 1.900 W with activated X-Boost function, DC output port: 2 x USB-A / 2 x USB-A quick charge / 2 x USB-C / one cigarette lighter socket / 2 x DC5521 solar charging input: Max. 500 W, 11-60 V DC, 15 A
- DELTA 2 can be addressed via an app and supports WLAN and Bluetooth
- can support daily household use for up to 10 years (6x longer than industry average)
- 400 × 211 × 281 mm Plastic housing in dark gray on the bottom, silver on the top, with two solid carrying handles. Bottom with non-slip rubber.
- laterally built-in display (shows charge level, input and output power, any problems or errors)
- The app allows, among other things, to switch the individual output categories on and off, to deactivate the beep, to limit the charging power, to set the mains frequency, to configure timeouts for the different outputs.
- power supply integrated into the housing
Impressions of use in the house
Impressions of use when camping
Impressions of lifestyle use
We have published countless other tuning reports on tuningblog.eu. If you want to see an excerpt, just click HERE, And also interesting products around the topic Car and Car tuning are online. We have included an excerpt of the last ones here for you.