The second generation of the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R gives you even more endurance. the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE S already copes with every road surface. However, the "R" version is aimed at real off-road adventurers who want to conquer any terrain with the help of a high-quality motorcycle. 2021 set KTM in the travel/adventure segment with the revised KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE a new benchmark. Thanks to the combination of performance, low weight, off-road agility and excellent handling, as well as years of experience from Dakar, rallies and enduro, state-of-the-art electronics and WP suspension, unmatched travel properties and distinctive style KTM the first choice for riders who need a very specific bike: a motorcycle that has all the capabilities and is made for any terrain. For the 2023 model year, a new sporty color combination in white and the characteristic frame hint at the racing heritage.
KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
Thanks to the company's experience and progress in this sector, as well as to research, development and the spirit of competition, the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R excellent in the off-road area. This model, which effortlessly masters any terrain, is based on the proven LC8 engine. Its latest version saves 1,6 kg in weight and delivers 160 hp. The engine draws fuel from a three-piece 23-litre tank. The engine's improved thermal system directs heat outward, away from the rider. The 138 Nm of torque ensure power that is as manageable as it is powerful, and the long service interval of 15.000 km creates plenty of endurance.
The advanced 6-D lean angle sensor from BOSCH has a huge impact on the bike's handling. It provides data for countless settings, including motorcycle traction control, motorcycle stability control, various riding modes and ABS. So the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R is perfectly prepared for any surface. The bike is designed for optimal traction - also thanks to the WP XPLOR 48 mm suspension with split cartridge fork and the adjustable shock absorber with 220 mm travel.
The materials and settings of the XPLOR suspension have been specially tested and refined for the characteristics of the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R. The suspension provides maximum feedback through ALPINA's aluminum spoked wheels, which feature an improved sealing system for tubeless tires. The 1290 model year KTM 2023 SUPER ADVENTURE R is fitted with Bridgestone AX41 tires as standard.
Invitation to #DARE2ADV
KTM invites all riders to #DARE2ADV. That's why the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R is equipped with everything you need to discover the world and safely overcome all obstacles in the wilderness. The adjustable position of the windshield and handlebars, as well as the ergonomically optimised, lightweight and newly designed body, which offers both perfect control and maximum comfort, are decisive. In addition, optimized switches and simple setting menus with infographics on the large 7-inch TFT color display, the KTM RACE ON radio key system, tire pressure management and the optional QUICKSHIFTER + ensure easy operation.
For the 2023 model year, KTM has further improved the navigation of the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R. The expanded TURN-BY-TURN Plus navigation can now be operated via the combination switch and the TFT display; Waypoints and detours can also be set in this way. No need to park the bike and search your bags for your smartphone with the KTMconnect app: everything can now be done at the touch of a button, including answering calls and setting your top 10 favourites. The range of KTM PowerParts includes a wide range of equipment and protective elements with which every rider can customize their KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R 2023 even further. Whether luggage, crash bars or an aesthetic touch - everyone who needs something for a trip will find something here.
Highlights of the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R 2023
- The all-new sporty white color and graphic scheme makes the bike stand out on any terrain
- With the new TURN-BY-TURN Plus navigation and additional options, you will always find the right way
- The reliable LC8 V-twin engine with 160 hp and 138 Nm of torque creates a world without limits: with this engine you can conquer any terrain in any conditions
- The chassis made of stainless chrome-molybdenum steel weighs just 10 kg and is designed for cornering stability and more feeling when accelerating - but the long-distance enduro suitability is not neglected.
- The WP XPLOR suspension is some of the most innovative hardware ever installed on a KTM off-road bike
- Adjustable and customizable ABS settings and riding modes that allow the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R to conquer any terrain and meet any demands
- Whether standing or sitting: The ergonomics of the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R offer optimal comfort and inspire confidence. A wide selection of KTM PowerParts (11 different seats alone) offers further configuration options
- A complete adventure travel motorcycle with features such as: KTM RACE ON remote key system, illuminated switches, 7" TFT instrument cluster, adjustable windshield, LED lights and advanced and simple instrument cluster operation
- The robust 21/18-inch aluminum spoked wheels with Bridgestone AX41 tires also clearly show that the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R wants to perform off the beaten track
Now there are no more excuses. The latest generation of the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R will be available from authorized KTM dealers from December 2022. Drive off, go on a journey of discovery and experience THE OFFROAD ADVENTURE AT FULL GAS.
Of course, that was far from it. Our tuning magazine has countless other tuning reports in stock. And also with the topic Motorcycle and motorcycle tuning we meet regularly. Do you want to see all posts about motorcycles and motorcycle tuning? Just click HERE and look around. Or is a small extract enough? Then take a look at the following Mopped posts.
other related posts
Lifted: this is the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S (2023)
Brand new: the KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edition model 2023!
KTM 790 Adventure: invigorating performance & perfect handling!
KTM 890 Adventure 2023 - Attack on the middle class segment!