Since its introduction in 2019, the Yamaha Ténéré has established itself as the ultimate mid-range adventure bike. The outstanding CP2 engine with 690 cm³ and the versatile chassis with premium spring elements make the Ténéré a remarkable success story with more than 40.000 units sold in Europe. The series was recently supplemented by the Ténéré 700 World Raid. Two new model variants will be added in 2023: Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition and Ténéré 700 Explore Edition.
Extreme & Explore Edition
In order to create always predictable behavior and problem-free handling, the Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition has been equipped with fully adjustable KYB suspension elements of the highest quality, which offer 20 mm more travel front and rear. The fork also boasts a durable Kashima coating. Since preload and compression/rebound damping can be fully adjusted to suit riding style and terrain, the Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition is a true off-roader for riders who are looking for maximum performance even in the most demanding conditions.
Standard equipment on the Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition includes titanium footpegs, aluminum radiator guards, chain guides, a tall enduro front fender and a low-profile rally seat to handle even rougher terrain. It provides the basis for the kind of outings that many riders are familiar with from the Yamaha factory team with Allesandro Botturi and Pol Tarrès.
Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition: exclusive new features
- Fully adjustable 43mm KYB forks with Kashima coating and 230mm of travel (20mm more than the Ténéré 700)
- Fully adjustable KYB reservoir rear shock with 220mm of travel (20mm more than the Ténéré 700)
- 260 mm ground clearance (20 mm more than the Ténéré 700)
- 5 inch TFT display with connectivity, three layouts and optional screen display in the style of a rally raid road book
- Lightweight and grippy titanium footpegs with 35% more surface area (compared to the Ténéré 700)
- Flat one-piece seat with 20 mm extra padding for a seat height of 910 mm
- Color-Matched Tall Fender
- Aluminum radiator grille and chain guide
Ténéré 700 Explore Edition – more comfort and touring experience
With a lower seat height of 860mm (15mm less than the Ténéré 700) and improvements in comfort, the new Ténéré 700 Explore Edition is designed for those who want to experience what the world has in store for them. The revised KYB suspension elements front and rear have a spring travel reduced by 20 mm compared to the Ténéré 700 in order to lower the seat height. The slightly increased spring rates at the front and rear ensure safe handling even when fully loaded.
The windshield of the Ténéré 700 Explore Edition is taller and wider than the standard version and covers a 50% larger area to increase driving comfort. A new Quick Shift system with settings specific to the Ténéré allows for seamless upshifts. The side case holders for the well-known aluminum cases or soft bags, which are available as Yamaha original accessories, are part of the standard equipment.
Ténéré 700 Explore Edition: exclusive new features
- New version of 43 mm KYB forks with 190 mm of travel (20 mm less than on the Ténéré 700)
- Handwheel-adjustable rear shock absorber with 180 mm travel (20 mm less than the Ténéré 700)
- Seat height of just 860mm for easier ground contact and better control (15mm less than the Ténéré 700)
- 50% larger windshield for better wind protection
- Saddlebag mounts as standard equipment
- Original Yamaha accessories: aluminum cases or soft bags (at an additional cost)
- Quick Shift system for uninterrupted upshifts
Price and availability
- The Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition and the Ténéré 700 Explore Edition are only available in Germany, France and Italy. Both models are expected to be available from April 2023.
- The recommended retail prices are: Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition: €12.274 (€11.899 vehicle price + €375 additional costs) – Ténéré 700 Explore Edition: €12.174 (€11.799 vehicle price + €375 additional costs)
- The Ténéré 700 Extreme Edition and Ténéré 700 Explore Edition are offered in Icon Blue and Tech Kamo colors.
Of course, that was far from it. Our tuning magazine has countless other tuning reports in stock. And also with the topic Motorcycle and motorcycle tuning we meet regularly. Do you want to see all posts about motorcycles and motorcycle tuning? Just click HERE and look around. Or is a small extract enough? Then take a look at the following Mopped posts.