It took well over 30 years for BMW to launch a touring version of the classic M3 sports car for the first time. Even if a station wagon always symbolizes a certain understatement and is usually classified more in the family car scene, the AC Schnitzer development crew found this apparent contradiction to be exactly the perfect challenge to add to the M3 Touring, which is already well established in series production, in terms of improved sportiness to further optimize. Whether Touring or Saloon: The sixth model series G80/G81 is the most powerful M3 generation that has ever existed. And that also applies to the AC Schnitzer versions. There has never been more performance and driving dynamics in a 3 Series and certainly not in a station wagon. This extra power and sportiness can be felt with the M3 Touring by AC Schnitzer in every driving situation: on the race track as well as in everyday life on public roads.
BMW M3 Touring by AC Schnitzer
AC Schnitzer takes care of the expansion of engine power with performance increases in two expansion stages. In the first step, the power is increased from 375 kW/510 hp and 650 Nm to 434 kW/590 hp/750 Nm. If that is not enough for you, the Step II expansion stage is provided, which increases the performance of the M3 to 449 kW/610 hp/750 Nm after the AC Schnitzer treatment.
Performance upgrades for the M3 G80, G81
- Performance increase step II
– Incl. up to 3 years guarantee and reports, e.g. B. for M3 Competition with 375 kW/510 hp and 650 Nm to 449 kW/610 hp and 750 Nm incl. silencer
- Performance increase step I
– Incl. up to 3 years guarantee and reports, e.g. B. for M3 Competition with 375 kW/510 hp and 650 Nm to 434 kW/590 hp and 750 Nm
Exhaust for the M3 G80, G81
The AC Schnitzer double sports rear silencer with two carbon "Sport" tailpipes on each side is part of the scope of delivery for the Step II performance increase. The exhaust system is also possible as a useful addition to the Step I performance increase and as an individual conversion. The exhaust lets you hear what makes every tuning fan's heart beat faster: a powerful, sporty sound with improved exhaust gas throughput at the same time.
Suspension for the M3 G80
With the AC Schnitzer suspension spring set (lowering 15 - 20 mm on the front axle - the standard springs remain on the rear axle) or with the RS coilover suspension adjustable in compression (low speed and high speed) as well as in rebound - including a lowering is clear to every M3 driver when cornering that the true feeling for driving dynamics comes from Aachen.
"Better fast than hard" is the philosophy at AC Schnitzer where chassis are tuned and you can feel it in every situation. The handling of the AC Schnitzer RS coilover suspension corresponds in principle to that of the series: good-natured load change reactions and gentle understeering in the limit area are important - nevertheless, with the AC Schnitzer RS coilover suspension significantly higher cornering speeds are possible and with absolutely comfortable suitability for everyday use.
Wheel sets/rims for the M3 G80, G81
The dynamic package by AC Schnitzer is rounded off by a suitable range of rims and wheels. The AC3 wheels in silver/anthracite or anthracite/silver are available for the BMW M3 as lightweight forged wheels measuring 10,0J x 20 inches. These rims realize what basically seems contradictory: Less weight with the same wheel diameters. This advantage of forging technology also influences the driving dynamics. The road holding of the M3 models is even better thanks to the mixed tires that are offered. On the front axle, the 3-inch AC20 lightweight forged wheels are fitted with 285/30 R 20 tires and the rear rims are even fitted with 295/30 R 20 tires. AC20 rims are also available in the same dimensions as 1-inch light-alloy rims.
Aerodynamics for the M3 Touring G81
Improving the downforce is the core goal of every aerodynamic conversion. And since the tuning professionals from AC Schnitzer are primarily concerned with function and only secondarily with appearance, the aerodynamic conversion for the M3 Touring is just as functional as that for its older brother. The basis of the aerodynamics package is the black front splitter on the front axle, which can be installed without further painting and which increases the downforce values of the M3 by up to 40 kg*. In addition, front side wings are used, which were also specially developed for the M3. The new design package, consisting of a four-piece deflector set for the front fenders and two design elements for the hood of the M3, gives the front a finishing touch and a very unique look.
At the rear of the vehicle, too, there are signs of improved downforce. With the rear roof spoiler, which increases downforce by 20 kg*, and the carbon rear diffuser, the AC Schnitzer technicians dug deep into their aerodynamic toolbox. Side skirts and rear apron protective film complete the extensive program together with lettering.
Steering for the M3 G80, G81
The interior design continues to be stylish and functional. The AC Schnitzer sports steering wheel is "THE" control element with which you have every driving situation firmly under control. The rim of the steering wheel in the elegant material mix of perforated nappa leather in black with black Alcantara is connected by a light gray cross-stitch seam to form a unit. With recessed grips on the right and left for the driver's thumb and the light gray motorsport indicator with AC Schnitzer logo for center marking, orientation of the current steering wheel position is ensured.
Accessories for the interior of the M3 G80, G81
The combination with the AC Schnitzer aluminum shift paddles, which are noticeably larger compared to the series counterparts, is another useful optimization. Aluminum pedals and footrests, key holders and the aluminum cover for the iDrive controller are available when it comes to adapting the interior of the vehicle to its performance and sporty elegance. All parents who have exchanged their sports car for a station wagon can breathe a sigh of relief from now on: the AC Schnitzer version of the BMW M3 Touring is very happy to be in the family carriage in everyday life, but is also at least as happy – at least from time to time – on the road during a driver’s course. If we get more information, there is of course an update for this report. You will be informed about this if you simply use our Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
BMW M3 Touring by AC Schnitzer:
- Performance increase Step II incl. up to 3 years guarantee and reports, e.g. B. for M3 Competition with 375 kW/510 hp and 650 Nm to 449 kW/610 hp and 750 Nm incl. silencer
- Performance increase Step I incl. up to 3 years guarantee and reports, e.g. B. for M3 Competition with 375 kW/510 hp and 650 Nm to 434 kW/590 hp and 750 Nm
- "Carbon Sport" tailpipe set, 4-pipe, right and left (4 pieces) - Ø 110 mm
- Silencer made of stainless steel incl. connecting pipe with 2 exhaust flaps, two "Carbon Sport" each - Ø 110 mm in right/left combination (4 pieces)
- Suspension spring set lowering front: approx. 20 - 25 mm compared to series rear: no lowering
- RS coilover suspension AC Schnitzer RS coilover suspension infinitely adjustable in height and adjustable in rebound and in compression (low speed and high speed)
- Wheel set with AC3 lightweight forged wheels silver/anthracite optional: glossy black finish, like the vehicle illustrations front: 10,0J x 20″ with 285/30 R 20 tires rear: 10,0J x 20″ with 295/30 R 20 tires incl. 4 RDC wheel electronics modules
- Wheel set with AC3 lightweight forged wheels anthracite/silver optional: glossy black finish, like vehicle illustrations front: 10,0J x 20″ with 285/30R20 tires rear: 10,0J x 20″ with 295/30 R 20 tires incl. 4 pieces RDC wheel electronics modules
- Front splitter version: black + 40 kg additional downforce*
- Front side wings black
- Side skirt protective film self-adhesive
- Design package for the front: deflector set for the front fenders, 4 pieces and design elements for the hood, 2 pieces
- rear roof spoiler; primed + 20 kg additional downforce
- Carbon rear diffuser clear coated
- Emblems, self-adhesive set, various sizes Version: glossy black
- Sport steering wheel
- not for vehicles with SA05AT Driving Assistant Plus
- not for vehicles with SA05AU Driving Assistant Professional
- The steering wheel heating is not required for vehicles with SA0248
- Aluminum shift paddle set for vehicles with 8-speed Steptronic
- Aluminum pedals for vehicles with manual transmission
- Aluminum footrest also available for right-hand drive vehicles
- AC Schnitzer keyholder
Don't worry, of course that was far from being the case when it came to auto / auto tuning. Our magazine still has tens of thousands other tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Then just click HERE and look around. Or you can read through the following thematically appropriate vehicle reports. Another interesting vehicle is sure to be included.
other related posts
BMW 3 Series (G21) LCI with AC Schnitzer tuning parts as ACS3 4.0d!
TUNE IT! SAFE! Police BMW i4 by AC Schnitzer!
AC Schnitzer tuning on the BMW M440i Gran Coupe (G26)!
for sale: AC Schnitzer GP3.10 BMW M3 with LPG-V10!