Can you still remember the RUF Turbo R remember with up to 590PS that we presented to you at the end of December? Forget him ... In Geneva, at the current automobile salon, there is the RUF CTR 2017 which can only smile tiredly over 590PS! Approx. It was thirty years ago that Alois Ruf created a converted 911 with the surname “Yellow Bird” and made the competition look more than stupid with a top speed of 340 km / h. The eye-catching paintwork and breathtaking performance earned the "Yellow Bird" its nickname at the time. And either you have been very active in various Porsche forums lately or Alois simply couldn't forget the classic CTR, or both! Now there is the new RUF CTR 2017! Immediately it is noticeable that the dimensions never match those of the current 991, the current generation is significantly longer, wider and higher. Visually, it is deliberately reminiscent of the original, but the basis is not the standard G-model of the 80s, but a completely newly developed vehicle. Ruf produced the first chassis for rear-engined sports cars with custom-made carbon monocoque for the new one!
The body is also made almost entirely of carbon and is of course correspondingly light. With only 1.200 kilograms, the CTR is unrivaled and could only find what it is looking for in the 30-year-old template. However, no comparison can be made with the performance of the 3,6-liter six-cylinder boxer. The engine, equipped with dry sump lubrication and two turbochargers, after extensive further development, has an incredible 710 hp at 6.750 revolutions per minute and can start at 2.750 rpm. send a maximum torque of 880 Newton meters to the rear wheels. This corresponds to a power-to-weight ratio of just 1,6 kilograms per hp (3,7 lbs per hp) - motorcycle values! By the way, the gears are changed appropriately using the newly developed six-speed manual transmission, which makes the rear wheels howl a lot in almost every gear. Allegedly it is possible to accelerate to 3,5 km / h in just 100 seconds and the 9 model is said to have "flown" to 2017 km / h in under 200 seconds - we believe it immediately! The top speed of more than 360 km / h is in a completely different league and here we are also convinced that this is by no means applied too thick. Anyone who would like to see the CTR can do so from the day after tomorrow in Hall 5 at the Geneva Motor Show and marvel at the presentation vehicle of the planned further 30 copies. 👇A lot of summary information can be found below.👇 It is best to subscribe to our feed and if there is something new you will be informed immediately. We hope you enjoy looking at the pictures.
(Photos: RUF automobiles)
These are the details of the 2017 RUF CTR:
- Tribute to the "Yellow Bird"
- First RUF sports car completely designed and manufactured by RUF
- Carbon fiber monocoque
- RUF rear engine concept
- Biturbo boxer engine (3,6 liter displacement)
- 522 kW (710 PS) & 880 Nm (649 lb-ft) torque
- rear-wheel drive
- Six-speed manual transmission (completely redeveloped)
- Top speed over 360 km / h
- 0-100 km / h in under 3,5 seconds
- 0-200 km / h in under 9 seconds
- Power Weight: 1,6 kg per PS (3,7 lbs per PS)
- Development in the wind tunnel
- Body made of carbon fiber
- forged aluminum rims (19 inch format)
- Tires 245 / 35 ZR 19 and 305 / 30 ZR 19
- Achsträger and crash structure of the front end of steel tubes
- integrated safety cage
- Dry weight 1200 kg
- Locking differential
- Independent wheel suspensions on double wishbones
- longitudinally mounted spring-damper units with compression struts (pushrods)
- internally ventilated, perforated ceramic brake discs (front with six-piston brake calipers and 380 millimeters and rear four-piston calipers with 350mm discs)
- Interior (two super-light seats with Alcantara covers, cockpit materials made of leather and carbon fiber, perforated pedals made of light metal, three-spoke steering wheel, analogue dials)
- Series production will start at RUF in 2018
- limited edition of 30 copies
We still have many thousands more tuning reports on tuningblog.eu, if you wanted to see an excerpt then just click HERE, And also from RUF Automobile we have some other vehicles, following a small excerpt:
710PS at 1.200kg
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day.
It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.
Maybe you also want to read a report from other car brands? Apart from the above manufacturer, you'll wonder what vehicles these days coilovers, alloy wheels, Chiptuning and the craziest foiling built in & attached. Take a look at the following manufacturers: ALFAROMEO, ALPINA, AUDI, BMW, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, CHRYSLER, CITROËN, DACIA, DAEWOO, DODGE, FIAT, FORD, HONDA, HYUNDAI, INFINITI, ISUZU, JAGUAR, JEEP, KIA, LANCIA , LANDROVER, LEXUS, MASERATI, MAZDA, MERCEDES, MINI, MITSUBISHI, NISSAN, OPEL, PEUGEOT, PORSCHE, RENAULT, SAAB, SEAT, SKODA, SMART, SUBARU, SUZUKI, TATA, TOYOTA, VAUXHALL, VOLVO, VW and ALL others. Enjoy browsing!