Recently updated on November 9, 2023 at 12:48 am
[Update: 09.11.2023] This post was updatedto take more recent information into account. traffic warning systems have become increasingly popular in recent years, particularly for their ability to protect drivers from the unexpected Obstacles to warn on the road. The Danish company Ooono has already had success in this segment with its Co-driver system, which delivers a comprehensive package for EUR 49,95, and we HERE tested and presented have. But now the company is making the CO DRIVER NO2 presents a revised version with exciting new features. The days of the annoying battery replacement are a thing of the past, because the CO-DRIVER NO2 will now have a USB-C connector loaded. The connection allows the device to be conveniently charged in the car.
The big advantage of Ooono 2 is that you no longer have to worry about the battery level, especially during longer journeys. The new model now also shows its warnings via one light ring at. This should not be distracting and give the driver a clear and quick information point out In addition to this, the Sound revised for the acoustic messages. And another feature is a button that lets you view notifications as irrelevant can mark, which we believe increases the efficiency and relevance of the alerts. And the accompanying App has of course also received an upgrade.
With the new Navigation function, which has built-in alerts, you can drive safer and more efficiently. Also, the app is now compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which means you can direct them can be controlled via the car's display. The prerequisite for this is, of course, that the vehicle supports one of the two systems, or both. Included in the package is the Ooono Co Driver NO2, USB-C cable, USB-C to USB-A adapter and magnetic mount. According to our information, the device will be available from September, but pre-orders are already possible.
Ooono's Vision: Reinventing a classic
Ooono would like with that CO DRIVER NO2 redefining an already successful classic. A small black button, which at first glance resembles the old model, indicates that the company is going with the tried and tested, but now with additional functions and improvements. After investing 2 years in the development of the new model, it is clear that Ooono attaches great importance to innovation and a high level of user-friendliness. Incidentally, the updates to the iOS app already suggest that CarPlay integration will be available from the start. Despite the innovations, the most exciting question remains unanswered: What can the CO-DRIVER NO2 do that the previous model could not? We will try it!
While the technology is advanced and helpful, users should be careful. The use of Ooono Co-Drivers while driving in Germany have legal consequences, including one Fine of 75 EUR and one point in Flensburg. However, it is permitted to use the system before driving or during breaks and if we are properly informed, it is also legal to use when the speed camera function is disabled. In summary, the Ooono CO-DRIVER NO2 is an exciting new product that brings many improvements and innovations. It will be interesting to see how it performs in everyday life and whether it makes driving safer and more enjoyable. Photo credit: ooono.de
Product information CO Driver NO2:
- Product name: OOONO CO-DRIVER NO2
- Price: RRP €79,95, promotional price €69,95
- Availability: From September
- CarPlay and Android Auto integration.
- 12 months free CarPlay/Android Auto & Navigation with early bird offer.
- New and optimized version of the CO-DRIVER.
- Developed based on community feedback from user interviews and a survey of over 10.000 participants.
Technical details and innovations:
- Rechargeable via USB-C charging cable (included).
- Navigation: Integrated warning messages in the route planning from A to B.
- LED light ring: New visual representation of traffic warnings.
- Improved visual and audible warnings.
- Discard button: Ability to mark an alert as irrelevant and discard it.
- Magnetic mount: Makes it easy to attach and detach the device in the car.
- CO driver NO2
- USB-C cable
- USB-C → USB adapter
- Magnetic mount
Comparison to previous model (NO2 vs. NO1):
- NO2 has live traffic alerts, rechargeable battery, magnetic mount, LED light ring, CarPlay and Android Auto integration, and navigation.
- Speed Cameras: Alerts on fixed cameras, mobile speed cameras, section controls and red light cameras.
- Danger zones: Warnings of accidents, construction sites, stranded vehicles and other danger zones.
- Speeding: Coming Soon - Alerts when you exceed the speed limit.
Of course, that wasn't the end of it!
tuningblog has countless other articles on the subject of car and auto tuning in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around.