From the manufacturer and tuner Shelby American actually comes one overworked Variant of the current one Shelby GT 500 to the SEMA Auto Show (from today to Friday, 8. Nov. 2019). One has the over-Mustang again buttoned and presented with the Shelby American GT500 Dragon Snake an even stronger variant in the event that the 770 PS and 847 NM torque of the "normal GT500" may not be sufficient. In addition, the 2,65-liter Roots compressor, which is built into the V of the 5,2-liter V8, has been revised again and its output increases to over 800 PS. And the same applies to the torque. Although no specific information is available at the moment, the 900 NM mark is likely to wobble. The specified 3,3 seconds to 96 km / h will surely become 3,1 and the quarter mile will now be completed in 10,7 seconds instead of 10,5 seconds.
with "Dragon Snake" foiling
However, these are estimates from us and no specific information from Shelby, And also a part of the once again increased performance has the once again improved sports exhaust system with high-performance catalysts of the GT500 Dragon Snake. And that officially still concept car The vehicle on display also has a few visual changes compared to the GT500. The spoiler on the front apron is a bit more subtle on the sides, but the hood has two additional air openings on both sides to the mighty power dome. The side section is, apart from the "Dragon Snake" foil, almost unchanged, but the rear is clearly different. The well-known rear apron of the GT500 can also be seen on this, but the huge adjustable racing rear wing is new. Compared to the GT500, it should provide even more contact pressure with less air resistance.
chrome one-piece forged wheels on the GT500
In addition, the show vehicle of the Sema 2019 is not based on the carbon variants of the GT6 500 spoke rims but on ultralight forged one-piece aluminum wheels. For this purpose, the adjustable MagneRide suspension has been revised once again with modified springs and stabilizers and even the seven-speed dual-clutch automatic had to accept a few changes. Compared to the normal GT500 there is another badge in the cabin with consecutive number and the same carries the phenomenal engine under the hood. All other changes are similar to those of the GT500. If we receive timely information on further details, there is of course an update for this report. You will be informed if yours is just ours Feed subscribe to. Have fun watching the pictures and stay true to us!
(Photos: Shelby American)
Here are the details for the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Dragon Snake:
- Power: +800 PS & approx. 900 NM
- 5,2 liter supercharged V8 (compared to the GT500 -> revised 2,65 liter Roots supercharger in the V of the engine)
- Carbon propeller shaft
- Compared to the GT350 comes the GT500 Dragon Snake with wider aprons, Shelby emblem in the two-part grille, central air intake on the hood with removable louvred grille, air intakes in the hood right and left, quick release, various aerodynamic components all around as diffuser made of new composite materials, side skirts etc., special adjustable rear wing)
- 20 inch aluminum alloy wheels (one-piece, chrome, 6 spoke design)
- Interior with Recaro seats, steering wheel with Alcantara cover and Shelby logo, 12 inch display, dashboard with carbon structure, new door panels, new gear selector lever, badge in front of the passenger seat with consecutive number, badge on the engine)
- Weight reduction compared to the GT500 (lighter glazing, for example)
- Dual-speed transmission with seven stages and modes for inclement weather, sport, drag-and-track mode, launch control
- Valve exhaust system with high performance catalytic converters
- Brembo brake system (components of the brake manufactured in the 3D printer)
- new electronic power steering
- revised suspension geometry optimized springs and stabilizers front and rear
Of course that had not been the case. Our tuning magazine has tens of thousands more tuning reports in stock. Do you want to see them all? Just click HERE and look around. Or are you particularly interested in the tuner and manufacturer Shelby American? Then the following excerpt is for sure just the right thing.
Shelby American Ford Mustang GT500 Dragon Snake
"Tuningblog.eu" - we keep you up to date on the subject of car tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you the latest tuned vehicles from all over the world every day. It's best to subscribe to ours Feed and will automatically be informed as soon as there is something new for this post, and of course also to all other contributions.